first; primary; innovative; creative; novel
eager
original
limited
fussy

What does this idiom mean: "bear with me"?

Difference between competitive and competing | Difference between check and explore
What does this idiom mean: "bear with me"? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2005 22:44 pm   What does this idiom mean: "bear with me"?

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", question 2

If you ......... with me, I'll go and see whether we have that in your size.

(a) hold
(b) stay
(c) bear
(d) wait

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", answer 2

If you bear with me, I'll go and see whether we have that in your size.

Correct answer: (c) bear

If you stay with me, I'll go and see whether we have that in your size.
_________________________

what does "bear with me" mean?
Batarya

Meaning of bear with me #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2005 22:57 pm   Meaning of bear with me

To bear with somebody is a phrasal verb. If you bear with somebody you to are patient and wait while that person is doing something.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students at their university cafeteria

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of under the weatherStill vs. quietMeaning of make forMeaning of finished off quicklyHow do we use this construction: "as fast as possible" (as adverb as)Meaning of off sickMeaning of off-handIf you mention...Difference between checkout and sales pointDifference between interact and interveneMeaing of blue collar workerMeaning of 'a mixed bag'Difference between quaint and queer