Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

trademark; type; make; variety; product name
dash
brand
exhibit
draft
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between check and explore

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does this idiom mean: "bear with me"? | Difference between checkout and sales point
listening exercisestell a friend
Difference between check and explore #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2005 22:49 pm   Difference between check and explore

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", question 6

Whenever I go to the old part of a city, I like to ......... all the shops selling antiques.

(a) examine
(b) search
(c) check
(d) explore

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", answer 6

Whenever I go to the old part of a city, I like to explore all the shops selling antiques.

Correct answer: (d) explore

Your answer was: incorrect
Whenever I go to the old part of a city, I like to check all the shops selling antiques.

why not "check"?
Batarya

Difference between check and explore #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2005 23:02 pm   Difference between check and explore

To check is used in the sense of verifying or investigating. If you explore a shop you simply browse through it because you like the activity.

TOEFL listening discussions: Which best describes the student's current activity?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does this idiom mean: "bear with me"? | Difference between checkout and sales point
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of under the weatherStill vs. quietMeaning of make forMeaning of finished off quicklyHow do we use this construction: "as fast as possible" (as adverb as)Meaning of off sickMeaning of off-handIf you mention...Meaning of happy-go-luckyDifference between competitive and competingDifference between interact and interveneMeaing of blue collar workerMeaning of 'a mixed bag'