belief in a particular thing or person; religion; trust; confidence; loyalty
concrete
faith
company
monitor

is Experience countable?

"During" vs "Through" | Using the word "AFTER" as a preposition of place
is Experience countable? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:25 am   is Experience countable?

I just wonder if "Experience" is a countable noun or not.
I was writing my C.V. but then hesitating when I started writing something about my past experience on part-time jobs.

Could someone kindly help please?
_________________
各位前輩安安, 我是kitty喔!
Kwfine

Location: Australia+Taiwan+Japan

is Experience countable? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:33 am   is Experience countable?

'Experience' in the sense of acquired knowledge from what you have done or seen or learnt is uncountable as in: She has had considerable expeience in information technology through her previous jobs.

'Experience' in the sense of one or more incidents/events that you have been involved in is countable as in: She had an unpleasant experience yesterday when she thought she had lost her front door key.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
is Experience countable? #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 08, 2008 15:08 pm   is Experience countable?

Thanks, Alan!
Could you help me check if there is any grammatical mistake in part of my C.V. as follows:
.
.
.
Jobs experiences:
ABC school teacher (04-05)
BBT Company Manager (05-06)
NNMM Company Project manager assistant (06-07)
.
.
.
Is it grammatically correct to use experiences (pural) instead of experience above?
_________________
各位前輩安安, 我是kitty喔!
Kwfine

Location: Australia+Taiwan+Japan

is Experience countable? #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 08, 2008 15:39 pm   is Experience countable?

In addition to Alan's advice, I'd like to recommend you a valuable dictionary (when it comes to determining what noun is countable and what is not):
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=27061&dict=CALD
It is a British-oriented dictionary and does not cover tons of words, but I find it rather educational.

meet v.s. be met"regardless of" vs "in spite of"is it correct: how long has it been on?Meaning of "ain't no" in the sentense "This ain't no disco"did or made a paintinggoing to a restaurant, or going to the restaurant, etc.Can a hawk observe its prey?Meaning of would (The speed of the rise in temperature would be far faster...)lie v.s. layThe usage of 'would'without vs unlessstationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shopPrepositions of time and place: in, on, at, and after. When do we use them?