to write one's name by hand; to sign one's name
nurse
watch
autograph
found

A good CV example?

keep the wolves | Use of "run"
A good CV example? #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 12, 2008 17:41 pm   A good CV example?

I'm looking through the Internet to find a good CV written in english and I've found one (I hope so), but tell me what do you think about this one.

here it is (the information is random):

Curriculum Vitae

PERSONAL DETAILS

name: Tom Jones
nationality: German
date of birth: 11 June 1973
address: Dursdorf
contact: email: aaabbbccc@aabb.com
phone +48 1111 2222 3333 fax: +48 666 567 432, mobile: +48 606 911 012

EDUCATION
1999 - 2001 English school in London - language course
1995 1 year course in Economics at the Berlin Fachhochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin

1994 - 1999 MA in Economics, with a specialisation in International Trade at University of Warsaw (graduated with a first degree)

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
since October 2005 Marketing Consultant AAA Co.Ltd. Berlin
Responsibility for promotion campaign, liaison with agencies in designing advertising materials and media campaigns
March - December 2002 Sales Specialist for Access.com Ltd of Amrest Ltd -Pizza Hut and KFC
Responsibility for market research,analysis and trade nagotiations.
June - December 1998 Product Manager (Garnier and Vichy) for KOSMEOR Ltd. (branch of L'Oreal Paris);
market research, analysis of sales results, preparing sales projections, responsibility for drafting budgets;

PERSONAL QUALITIES
Computer literate, adaptable, organised, quick learner, ability to work well under stress, good sense of humour.

LANGUAGES
German - native, English - fluent, Swedish - basic
_________________
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

A good CV example? #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 12, 2008 21:24 pm   A good CV example?

This résumé isn't particularly bad, but be aware that if you're dealing with a US employer, it is not appropriate to list your age or date of birth (or your marital status, or anything about your family members). It's also not really appropriate in the US to list your nationality, as long as you are legally able to work in the US.

American résumés also list volunteer work, if you have any. Sometimes we list hobbies and foreign travel.

I would leave out the part that says "personal qualities", because it's very easy for anyone to list complimentary adjectives about himself, and the employer will ignore this part anyway.

It's not enough to say you are "computer literate", because nowadays everyone is. You should have a section of the résumé devoted to "computer knowledge" and in there list the specific programs and tasks you are adept at.

It's also a good idea to insert a short sentence or phrase under each employment position the explains what you learned or achieved at that job.

The résumé has to show something about who you are as an individual. You need very, very few words to communicate something unique about your positions and education, even though if you just made a simple list, these same things might sound very generic.

Here is a web page with many really excellent examples of different sorts of résumés.
http://www.jobweb.com/resumes.aspx?folderid=116

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
A good CV example? #3 (permalink) Sat Jan 12, 2008 23:36 pm   A good CV example?

thanks for help. I think I should modify it or look for another one on this website.
_________________
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

CV Examples #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 pm   CV Examples

You should create a perfect CV before sending your resume to anyone. Go through Few CV Examples from few CV sites and prepare a perfect CV. Remember a CV always creates a first impression to the recruiters, make sure you create a best impression.
samplecvs.org
Nancywilliams

A good CV example? #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 03, 2009 14:11 pm   A good CV example?

The best impression.
_________________

CV Example #6 (permalink) Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:50 am   CV Example

Thanks Mister Micawber.
Nancywilliams

CV Example #7 (permalink) Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:56 am   CV Example

What short of CV do u want, because if you are a fresher u will need different type of CV whereas if you are experienced please mention so that we can find an appropriate CV
Nancywilliams

A good CV example? #8 (permalink) Thu Feb 09, 2012 15:52 pm   A good CV example?

Your resume is pretty good. I would also suggest to add a couple of words about your voluntary work and/or projects you've worked on. Any other social activity will be also well seen by an employer.

You have to also remember about visual quality of your resume. Well design gives an impression of well organized and hard-working employee. You can try to find a example on the internet.

Good luck!
Jamichelson

A good CV example? #9 (permalink) Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:04 am   A good CV example?

I have gained much information at http://resumizer.com and you can build it there too for no cost. There are also templates and examples for cover letters and everything else.
Heathro

A good CV example? #10 (permalink) Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am   A good CV example?

similar is http://www.resumesimo.com , imho better.
Jamichelson

Re: A good CV example? #11 (permalink) Mon Apr 23, 2012 19:27 pm   Re: A good CV example?

Michauek wrote:

here it is (the information is random):

Curriculum Vitae

PERSONAL DETAILS

name: Tom Jones
nationality: German
date of birth: 11 June 1973
address: Dursdorf
contact: email: aaabbbccc@aabb.com

EDUCATION

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

PERSONAL QUALITIES

LANGUAGES

The English is good but here are some of the things that can be improved:

1. The heading of your resume/cv should never be 'Curriculum Vitae', 'CV' or 'Resume' but simply your name.
Find out why this is important: http://www.cvplaza.com/cv-presentation-layout/cv-heading-examples

2. Fax is very old-fashion and should be omitted from your CV

3. The format for writing cv sections can be improved

4. Best to remove DoB as well

These were just some tips to keep in mind when writing your Curriculum Vitae, for more check out: www.cvplaza.com :)
Philip34

keep the wolves | Use of "run"
what is the difference between 'at tremendous speed' and 'at a tremendous speed'questions on three sentencesa week today'1 less fan'?iron-spectacled glance!You /could//must/ come and have dinner with us some day. Which is correct?is responsible forso that/for"borrow me"power up toPhrases!He had traversed a long/long distance.Years vs year ???