putting into words; phrase; word; manifestation
expression
tour
technique
rescue

realistic vs unachievable

Meaning of cede | why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant?
realistic vs unachievable #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 am   realistic vs unachievable

ESL/EFL Test #216 "Antonyms (2)", question 4

After many months of grueling work and painful injuries to her shoulder and back, Susan realized that her dream of swimming the English Channel was unattainable. What is an antonym of unattainable? .........

(a) impossible
(b) unachievable
(c) realistic
(d) confused

ESL/EFL Test #216 "Antonyms (2)", answer 4

After many months of grueling work and painful injuries to her shoulder and back, Susan realized that her dream of swimming the English Channel was unattainable. What is an antonym of unattainable? realistic

Correct answer: (c) realistic
_________________________

Why not unachievable?

Ilma
Ilma

realistic vs unachievable #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:56 pm   realistic vs unachievable

The test asks you to choose an antonym, Ilma. The word 'unachievable' is a synonym.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does "live me in peace" mean?what does a steady aim mean?road vs wayphrasal verb "to pass away"difference between "will" and "shall"themselves vs ourselves'When you have arrived at...' vs 'When you arrive at...'What are 4 principles of Capitalism that Socialism rejects?What is the meaning by up in the air?what percentage/formula is used for the employer when figuring the employers FICA'turn left' vs 'turn wrong'explanation of the word jeopardywhat is parking in securities trading practices?