while; throughout
behind
below
during
outside

meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

how to call the signs in an email address | Conditional (sentence about now or future)
meaning of the phrase "Happy Days" #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 16, 2008 23:10 pm   meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

Hello!
Today my American principal told me when I was leaving the school "Happy Days". I didn't understand the meaning of it.
Would you help me understanding it?
Thank you!
Ilonaa

"Happy Days" #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 0:01 am   "Happy Days"

.
I don't understand this sentence: "You are leaving the school happy days". Are you sure that is what he said?
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of the phrase "Happy Days" #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 0:23 am   meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

Actually she said to me while I was leaving : "Happy Days!".
Ilonaa

meaning of the phrase "Happy Days" #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 am   meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

.
Oh-- that is just an informal farewell phrase. The meaning is 'I hope you have happy days [until we meet again]'.
.
_________________

meaning of the phrase "Happy Days" #5 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:09 am   meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

What shoud I answer in that case "you too" or "Happy Days"?
Thank you in advance !
Ilonaa

meaning of the phrase "Happy Days" #6 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 am   meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

Another interpretation of 'Happy Days' could be a suggestion that the past time has been a happy time. It's said with a sense of nostalgia and regret that the 'happy days' are now in the past.

_________________

meaning of the phrase "Happy Days" #7 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:55 am   meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"

.
It depends a little bit on status. Since this is a student-teacher relationship, I'd probably answer 'Thanks!'. 'You too' would probably be OK too, but don't just repeat 'Happy days'.
.
_________________

what is the pural form for "Fish" actually?What is a qualified noun?'present unreal conditional' vs 'future unreal conditional'Is "would" a tentative use in this sentence?What is the plural of the word business?Usage of "How can I help you?"Expressions for "repeated to death"Articles - do you find them the hardest part of EnglishExpression: "Your letter requesting the provision of the ..."Expression: "He is open to his close friends."The use of 'ing' after 'to'The use of "why not"condition v.s. a condition