attitude; stance; opinion
viewpoint
shipment
common
slash

What is the plural of the word business?

Articles - do you find them the hardest part of English | The use of 'ing' after 'to'
What is the plural of the word business? #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 14:05 pm   What is the plural of the word business?

Please, help me out with this: What is the plural or the word business. I have heard that the word doesn´t carry plural, on the other hand, I have already seen the word BUSINESSES as the plural for business.
Peter

What is the plural of the word business? #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 14:18 pm   What is the plural of the word business?

Yes, businesses is a perfectly acceptable plural for the countable noun business.

During the Great Depression, many businesses went out of business.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the plural of the word business? #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 15:17 pm   What is the plural of the word business?

Thanks for you comment. But, can I use the word BUSINESS for both cases, plural and singular, or it has to be BUSINESSES in case of plural?
Peter

What is the plural of the word business? #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 17, 2008 23:11 pm   What is the plural of the word business?

.
The countable plural is aways 'businesses'.
.
_________________

So or such? ('so a lot of people' vs 'such a lot of people')I'm not into crafts myselfwhat is the pural form for "Fish" actually?What is a qualified noun?What is 'in a cast'? What is the atrophying of biceps? What is pumping iron?'present unreal conditional' vs 'future unreal conditional'Is "would" a tentative use in this sentence?meaning of the phrase "Happy Days"Conditional (sentence about now or future)how to call the signs in an email addressExpressions for "repeated to death"Expression: "Your letter requesting the provision of the ..."condition v.s. a condition