to learn; to ponder; to examine; to investigate; to memorize
study
kit
brand
imply

Five minutes are up or five minutes is up?

What does 'fetch' mean and is 'object to' followed by a gerund? | Hi Alan, thanks a lot for your help!
Five minutes are up or five minutes is up? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 am   Five minutes are up or five minutes is up?

What isthe right grammar for the following expression:

Our five minutes are up... or.... Our five minutes is up?

Help!!!
malu

Is/are #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:57 am   Is/are

Both make sense. If you are thinking of just the period of time, it would be is up. If you are paying great attention to the exact number of minutes, then it would be are up.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Idiom 'get through'What is an adverb?Difference between connection and connexion?English/balladsMeaning of sneakyPossesive apostropheStill prepositions...Increase your knowledge vs. Grow your knowledgeWebbed feet vs. Webbing feetYellow to the point where you can't say helloVerbs used for objects and peopleWhich way is the right way?Sugar in your coffee of sugar with your coffee?