Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person who represents people in a court or advises them on legal matters; attorney; barrister
overtime
lawyer
objective
compatible
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

antonyms of the word 'dark'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
clothe and clothing | meaning of '...suggested I'd have to write down toward some Common Denominator.'
listening exercisestell a friend
antonyms of the word 'dark' #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 pm   antonyms of the word 'dark'

Hi, I want to ask about the anonyms of the word 'dark' in: "dark vision of the future" or "dark waters ahead" or "darkest days of Facism" or ....
Can you find some anonyms for me?
Sympathy
I'm here quite often ;-)

antonyms of the word 'dark' #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 13:20 pm   antonyms of the word 'dark'

'Attention!' is inappropriate as a thread title; please use a title that is suggestive of the topic you are asking about.

There are no anonyms (fictitious names used when a person performs a particular social role) associated with your phrases.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
antonyms of the word 'dark' #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 17:46 pm   antonyms of the word 'dark'

I'm very sorry for the 'Attention!" :D

My question is that I want to find a word to indicate "a brighter future". I find out only "bright," but I want more.
Can you help me? Thanks.
Sympathy
I'm here quite often ;-)

antonyms of the word 'dark' #4 (permalink) Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:07 am   antonyms of the word 'dark'

Ah! You want antonyms. What a difference a single letter makes!

Have you tried Thesaurus.com? Put one antonym into the box, and you'll get many, like this: BRIGHT.

antonyms of the word 'dark' #5 (permalink) Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:23 am   antonyms of the word 'dark'

Thanks
Sympathy
I'm here quite often ;-)

clothe and clothing | meaning of '...suggested I'd have to write down toward some Common Denominator.'
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
'Take the biscuit ' - an idiom?Usage of the word hairDifference between these two sentences (Had lived and lived)how good is your english vocabularyDoes the text sound good? (Health Safety Programs are very expensive, but...)"to have married" vs. "to marry"his/her or theirThe use and position of 'Left'."Say you saw me not!" common?Pussy cat (pussy cat poem)Can you explain this poem for me: What Love is this of thine, that Cannot bee...in vs on (e.g. "in the team" vs "on the team")Expression "There's no point of/in"