Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to happen; to take place; to transpire; to come to mind; to suggest itself
occur
loom
eliminate
tailor
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why not "on" and why "off"? | Put my hand up
listening exercisestell a friend
Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 12, 2008 19:58 pm   Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #47 "You have to go", question 10

No, I didn't ask the boss for more money today because he gave me one month's ..........

(a) information
(b) news
(c) facts
(d) notice

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #47 "You have to go", answer 10

No, I didn't ask the boss for more money today because he gave me one month's notice.

Correct answer: (d) notice

Your answer was: incorrect
No, I didn't ask the boss for more money today because he gave me one month's information.

is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

thnx
Lika
Lika

Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 12, 2008 22:33 pm   Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

Hi,

If you give someone one month's notice, you are in effect dismissing them.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice? #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 22, 2010 16:16 pm   Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

In other words, is it an indirect and smart way to refuse someone a continuous hire?
Am I right?
Dennisnguyen
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice? #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 22, 2010 18:17 pm   Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

Hi,

The period of notice is usually agreed between employer and employee. If the employee gives the period of notice previously agreed, it means that they say they are leaving. If the employer gives the notice, it means the employee is dismissed - will no longer be employed.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice? #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 22, 2010 20:21 pm   Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?

Thank you very much for such a quick reply.
I really appreciate it.
Kind regards,
Dennis
Dennisnguyen
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why not "on" and why "off"? | Put my hand up
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?Adding up?interest rates are going up?meaning of 'Bite'what is rubbish?gave rise to competition?why not burried? what is the meaning of nipped in this context?In terms of the other matter?How popular are these expressions?How do we read "Jane_101"?Expression: "He was much more thorough in his studies"what does overpopulated mean?what's the difference between true and truth?