except; besides; but
behind
beyond
concerning
save

meaning of afterlife

example of sentence of the word retractable | What does chin mean?
meaning of afterlife #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:49 am   meaning of afterlife

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: aftermath, afterthought, afterbirth", question 3

I'm not convinced that the Christian ......... would mean much to me if I had to lie and cheat in order to attain it.

(a) afternoon
(b) aftertaste
(c) afterlife
(d) afterbirth

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: aftermath, afterthought, afterbirth", answer 3

I'm not convinced that the Christian afterlife would mean much to me if I had to lie and cheat in order to attain it.

Correct answer: (c) afterlife
_________________________

I cannot understand the meaning of this sentence.

Ilma
Ilma

meaning of afterlife #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:53 pm   meaning of afterlife

.
The Christian afterlife is life for the human Soul in Heaven.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does this idiom mean: water under the bridgeprotagonis vs. antagonisRelationship idioms?What is the difference between stalking and straining?Meaning of 'Two out of every five companies struck...'what does the phrase "go back" mean?'police officer' vs 'police man'difference between beat and hitwhat does "put his foot in it" mean?one complex sentence, with two subordinate clauses and a main clauseperspective vs. prospectWhat is meaning of Baton?Phrase "inside or outside"