profitable; lucrative
fictitious
remunerative
teeming
ecclesiastic

The meaning of TOEFLŪ

Can any one rate this? Thanks. | please check the following essay for me
The meaning of TOEFL #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 03, 2005 19:28 pm   The meaning of TOEFL

Hi who so ever
As I have to manage an exam near level advanced in june, I got the advice to listen to TOEFL CD's. Now my question: What means TOEFL and which level is it. What means EFL/ESL? I only know the first, the advanced and the proficiency certificate. :roll:

TOEFL listening discussions: [url=http://www.english-test.net/toefl/listening/Which_best_describes_the_students_current_activity.html]Which best describes the student's current activity?[/url]
Audrey

Toefl #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:09 am   Toefl

hi Audry what's up bro? let me help you with this one:
TOEFL: test of English as foreing language, in other words is a test for speakers of other languages that is an entrance requirement for study at a US university.

ESL: English as a second language.

EFL: English as a foreign language

You may ask yourself what the difference is between these two, well pretty simple, the fist one is thought to be for daily use or the daily needs while the latter tends to concentrate on English for academic success.

:lol: I hope it be helpful to you.
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 06, 2005 19:27 pm   TOEFL

Hi rich7
thank you for your answer. I'm a primary school teacher in Switzerland and need to study english for my profession. Now I'm looking for good study material. TOEFL CD's seem to be helpful.
Greetings to Venezuela! :D
Audrey

The meaning of TOEFL #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 am   The meaning of TOEFL

What about IELTS, TOEIC, GMAT, SAT, GRE? I really dont know why there are too many tests like these. Just TOEFL and IELTS are enough for almost every university, college or high school, I think.
_________________
Nothing's impossible! Never say never! They're what I've been following. Hope you to follow them too!
Vietanhpham_Winter

Location: No.Unknown Molao Residential area, Hadong District, Hanoi City, Vietnam

TOEFLŪ Essay:City or Country?TOEFLŪ essay - Some people say that computers have made life easier and more...New topic: Schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers. Do you agree oAll students should be required to study art and music at secondary school.reflecting essay(check this essay, please!)Is an individual fully responsible in order to survive after retirementESSAY: WORLD ECONOMIC CRISISExperts, pls help me check this essay.Constructing a large factory in my communityIt is more importatnt ot be able to work with a group of people on a team or to wChoose a technnological innovation that you think is important.Essay: Being able to speak well is important than being able to write well.Still making mistakes?