Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

trifling; unimportant; insignificant; minor
substitute
executive
trivial
creative
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between come to and get to

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
pulling out of Iraq now is not an option | Interesting vs. interested, annoying vs. annoyed, boring vs
listening exercisestell a friend
Difference between come to and get to #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 04, 2005 18:03 pm   Difference between come to and get to

Test No. incompl/elem-20 "Where am I?", question 7

I want to ......... to Nutfield Avenue.

(a) come
(b) get
(c) fetch
(d) find

Test No. incompl/elem-20 "Where am I?", answer 7

I want to get to Nutfield Avenue.

Correct answer: (b) get

Your answer was: incorrect
I want to come to Nutfield Avenue.

why the answered is wrong.
subhash sharma

Come to #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 04, 2005 20:20 pm   Come to

Usually someone comes to you and you go or get to another place.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between come to and get to #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 am   Difference between come to and get to

Thanks Alan.
please let me know if these sentences really make a sense... "Rumhl was getting to office when you called her."
"if you had gotten to library a bit early,you would have got your books issued."

please reply sir if there is any grammatical mistake also.
so nice of you Alan.
Sonia*
I'm here quite often ;-)

Difference between come to and get to #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 16:16 pm   Difference between come to and get to

Hi! Alan.
I don't understand this situation. I think we can use " come to" or "go to" in this situation is correct.
anyway, can you explain these situation Sonia give you above. Thanks a lot.
Vancao
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between come to and get to #5 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 17:27 pm   Difference between come to and get to

"Rumhl was coming (on her way) to the office when you called her."

"If you had arrived (gotten) to the library a bit earlier, you would have got (had) your books issued."

Difference between come to and get to #6 (permalink) Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:31 am   Difference between come to and get to

please tell me sir if " getting to office" is not right?
Sonia*
I'm here quite often ;-)

Difference between come to and get to #7 (permalink) Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 am   Difference between come to and get to

Good morning Sonia.

Only if you are asking the question, "What time will you be getting (arriving) to the office?"

Difference between come to and get to #8 (permalink) Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:10 am   Difference between come to and get to

Hi,

I still don't understand why we use get to than come to

Thank you
Lynche

Difference between come to and get to #9 (permalink) Tue Mar 02, 2010 0:51 am   Difference between come to and get to

Hey, i don't get it, on my screen shows get is wrong and also fetch, i'm wondering which one it's the best or right??

=) thank you
Ixtabai

hi : Query #10 (permalink) Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am   hi : Query

Hi

As you explained that "Rumhl was coming (on her way) to the office when you called her."

1. Could you please explain me that should not it be "Rumhl was going / getting to the office when you called her."
As Usually someone comes to you and you go or get to another place

2. What does it mean if i use "Rumhl was going to the office when you called her."

3. What does "Fetch to" imply ? And what's wrong to say "I want to fetch to Nutfield Avenue."

4. " I was going to office " , Is it also wrong ?

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod Gandhi
Vinod.gandhi
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Come/Get/Go+to #11 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:42 am   Come/Get/Go+to

Dear Torsten,

I can differentiated Come to and get or go to. "Come to my office", it means you are on the way to your office and "get to" means you are at your office, right? And how about "go to my office"? Does it the same "come to"?

I'm not very clear. Could you give an explanation to me? I'd appreciate it if you would.
Tks Torsten
LoanDinh

Difference between come to and get to #12 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:56 am   Difference between come to and get to

Hi,

When you say: Come to my office, the suggestion is that you are coming to see me in my office. In other words from where you are to where I am. When you say: Go to my office, the suggestion is that you make your way from where you are to where my office is. This doesn't mean that I am at the office when you do this.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Difference between come to and get to #13 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 am   Difference between come to and get to

Thank you
Vutran

Difference between come to and get to #14 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am   Difference between come to and get to

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your help, Alan.^^

Loan
LoanDinh

Difference between come to and get to #15 (permalink) Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am   Difference between come to and get to

Thanks a lot for your help, Mr, Alan. It help me clear more.
Bachyen

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option | Interesting vs. interested, annoying vs. annoyed, boring vs
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on English Forums
am I right ?is or are? Thanks:)"time off" instead of "off-time"I care for /take care of my elderly mother.articleshad been restored vs. was restoredWill put up?the ingenious Crusoewhat's the meaning of fall back on in this context?'The athlete will train' vs 'The athlete trains'"under no account" vs "on no account"What is "a Punch and Judy show"?Usage and meaning of "fall through"