disdainful; scornful
implicit
contemptuous
disconsolate
utilitarian

Independent writing (TOEFLŪ essay topics)

Speaking section TOEFLŪ ibt | I am student at the TOEFLŪ iBT paper I made 4 test...
Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:40 am   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

Hi everybody,
I've got a question about those 185 essay topics available at pretty much any toefl ibt prep. book. those of you who took the TOEFL ibt, did you guys have the same topics on the exam?
ets says that topics would be similar on the exam, were they really similar or was it one of those 185??
thanks in advance!

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Biology
Cannabis Sativa

Location: Orlando, FL

Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 03, 2008 15:01 pm   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

is it?? i also want to know answer of this qustion
Perfume

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:15 am   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

Hiiiiiii guys...

for those who are studying for the IBT.. I wish for them all the best and good lock ..

I took the IBT test and scored 59 so I have to retake it !! and the worst part was the reading >>

according to the writing section ..guys calm down .. it's not a big deal .. I'm ganna

tell you some tips ..Hopeful they will work with you as they did with me ..

first of all ..try to collect words as much as you can .. especially the words that can

be used in most of the topics such as " experience , abilities . skills, success ,

failure, necessary ,.. also the words that express your feelings toward an event or
an action are really important .. make sure that you know when to use the adj and when to use the adv.

my last tip ,,please pay enough attention for the spelling cuz if you missed a one

letter the whole word will be wrong ..

my writing topic in the test was about " serious teachers are more effective than teachers who have the sense of humor "

it sounds simple .. I tried to focus on the interdiction and lengthen it as much as I

can "about 107" words .. in fact some of my friends told me that their topic was

about thermal occlusion !! it's knid a tough ..especially if you don't even know what

the hell does that word mean :lol: ..Honestly .I found some of those topics weird or

maybe cuz I've no idea what to write about them such as “risks in stock investment “
I’m not so into economical issues ..so how to write about them !!!

>>> sorry for the stupid length of may commentary ..but liked to share my experience with every one ..hopeful that you get the benefit…!!
Marriana Khoury

Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:19 am   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

hey .. it was *good luck .. sorry .. lo0o0ol
Marriana Khoury

i have taken the tests five times. #5 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:26 pm   i have taken the tests five times.

hi there. i have taken toefl ibt 5 times. the topics which the books include 185 topics are almost all similar with real test. but you know they re also similar with speaking tasks #1 and #2. i recommed you to just figure out that topics and try to find different opinions,exaples and spesific reasons. if you have any other question, you can mail me...
good luck,
eda
Eda Yilmaz

Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #6 (permalink) Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:42 pm   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

good luck,
eda
Eda Yilmaz

Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #7 (permalink) Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:11 am   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

Plenty of iBT writing topics are also available at this link (including integrated writing tasks):

http://global-english.lefora.com/forum/category/toefl-writing-lab/page1/

Best,

~ Jason
EnglishRaven

Location: Melbourne Australia

whats up #8 (permalink) Wed Oct 29, 2008 20:19 pm   whats up

hi friends all the best
Frikyfunky

toefl ibt #9 (permalink) Wed Oct 29, 2008 20:20 pm   toefl ibt

its really interesting 2 read some of your comments
they re really encouranging
Frikyfunky

writing #10 (permalink) Fri Nov 07, 2008 14:33 pm   writing

can you help me in writing task???
Amsharoa

writing #11 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:02 am   writing

Amsharoa wrote:
can you help me in writing task???
Just write an essay and i will help you
Pastortomas

Location: Toronto

Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics) #12 (permalink) Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 pm   Independent writing (TOEFL essay topics)

which one, independent or intergrated? i can help you both...
Eda Yilmaz

TOEFLŪ sample essay: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoyTOEFLŪ essay: Why people attend college or university?TOEFLŪ essay: What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?Question mark on TOEFLŪ evaluationTOEFLŪ essay: Compare the benefits of planning free-time activities with...Rocket reader: Procedure of rensponding to the TOEFLŪ Reading section.TOEFLŪ: American English? 3 months to prepare?TOEFLŪ exam: The way to evaluate myself before taking the exam officiallyTOEFLŪ essay: If you could invent something new, what product would you develop?TOEFLŪ essay: Some people engage with one task at a time others prefer with two...TOEFLŪ essay: Some people prefer to cook at home. Other people prefer to eat out.TOEFLŪ essay: Being happy with a job is more important than having a high...If you have TOEFLŪ ebooks and other materials of TOEFLŪ ibt please send me...