journals and newspapers collectively; act or process of printing
exchange
press
knowledge
surplus

differences between "outskirts" and "suburb"

Difference between to establish a constitution and enact a constitution | What part of speech is the word to?
differences between "outskirts" and "suburb" #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 23, 2008 14:41 pm   differences between "outskirts" and "suburb"

Can you tell me the difference between "outskirts" and "suburb"?

Thanks a lot!
Trungtran

differences between "outskirts" and "suburb" #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 23, 2008 23:48 pm   differences between "outskirts" and "suburb"

.
Outskirts are the outlying areas of any area of population; suburbs are the residential areas on the outskirts of a city.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
why not 'tone' or 'sound'?Expression 'Make their minds up'Is there such a term as "try back"?since vs whilewhat the elements involve in the study of organistional behaviour?"prints developed" vs "developed"meaning of 'Bring out'word Net Assets used in sentencesAre you sure the main verb should be 'agree' and not 'argue'?meaning of joggingMeaning of "he radio play is on the air later tonight""looked at" vs "looked up to"The word 'moved' is wrong in this sentence unless you pick a different word...