pertaining to the sale of goods to final consumers; of the sale of merchandise to end users
retail
horrible
blanket
sophisticated

Why do you use word "stuck" when the word "adhered"?

Is quite simply | Stuffed shirt
Why do you use word "stuck" when the word "adhered"? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2004 18:05 pm   Why do you use word "stuck" when the word "adhered"?

Test No. incompl/inter-39 "Yes, Yes, Yes", question 4

I know that they have all abandoned you one by one but I hope you won't forget I've ......... by you from the beginning.

(a) adhered
(b) fastened
(c) joined
(d) stuck

Test No. incompl/inter-39 "Yes, Yes, Yes", answer 4

I know that they have all abandoned you one by one but I hope you won't forget I've stuck by you from the beginning.

Correct answer: (d) stuck

Hello Alan and Torsten. Why do you use word "stuck" when the word "adhered" is appropriate too?
Terminator :evil:
Terminator

Adhere to somebody and stick to somebody and stand by #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2004 18:31 pm   Adhere to somebody and stick to somebody and stand by

Dear Terminator,

When you stick by somebody you support and help them. You probably know how tricky phrasal verbs can be - 'to stick by' means almost the same as 'to stand by someone'. Both are phrasal verbs.

A more formal expression with similar meanig is 'to adhere to somebody' but you have to use the verb 'adhere' with the preposition to not by.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Getting water

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Adhere to somebody and stick to somebody and stand by #3 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2004 19:01 pm   Adhere to somebody and stick to somebody and stand by

Thank you .

Terminator. :evil:
Terminator

Is quite simply | Stuffed shirt
Cover letter to apply CPE courseDo / Did you have to.................today?The use of groundsa little vs. a bitodvious vs obvious"on earth" vs. "on the earth"Unknowing, unawareWill be of no valueA sort of back watermeaning of "a sort of back number"Meaning of "Back handed compliment"Red-collar and blue collarConspiration twice