guidance; supervision; conducting; management
abbreviation
forecast
survey
direction

I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo.

"come into work" vs "come in to work" | Idiom "by ear"
I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo. #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 29, 2008 23:27 pm   I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo.

ESL/EFL Test #274 "Reaching agreement", question 8

Sometimes the politicians we elect, all have to agree and make very serious decisions as it could be a matter of ......... or death.

(a) living
(b) life
(c) live
(d) livid

ESL/EFL Test #274 "Reaching agreement", answer 8

Sometimes the politicians we elect, all have to agree and make very serious decisions as it could be a matter of life or death.

Correct answer: (b) life
_________________________

I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo. It should be deleted.
_________________

I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo. #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:12 am   I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo.

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for you pointing this out -- I guess you are so good at spotting these things because your cat scrutinizes every sentences too :-). I've removed the redundant comma and it'll be gone with the next site update which might take a couple of days.

TOEIC short conversations: Personal assistant reminds her boss that memo needs reviewing and signing.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo. #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:11 am   I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo.

Nope, my cat never scrutinized any text for typos. Instead, he created mountains of typos by sitting on the keyboard, and always left the mess for me to clean up. :wink:
.
_________________

what does it mean 'push the envelope'?what does it mean 'his thinking cap'?article questionwhat does mandated mean?What does the idiom 'hit the hay' mean?difference between phrasal verb 'cut back' and 'cut off'?what origin is this made up from?What does the idiom 'barking up the wrong tree' mean?commited is more preferred than commissionedwhat does mean would not hold water?answer can be rely and hang both what say?what do you mean by wimp?what's the different between uneven and unequal?