Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

defect; imperfection; crack; strong gust or wind
flaw
dispatch
estimate
enrichment
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful)

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Problem with structure: Although she shouted, she could not make her voice hear | sentence correction: I have been solving one problem since last monday, now...
listening exercisestell a friend
Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful) #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:32 am   Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful)

1/ What's the difference between "revengeful" and "vengeful"?

2/ What's the difference among "rebuke", "reproach" and "criticize"?

Sorry seems to be the hardest word...
Nessie
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Word distinguishing #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 am   Word distinguishing

revengeful: desiring and seeking vengeance while vengeful means only desiring vengeance (that is, revengeful indicates a stronger action)
Mo7aisen
You can meet me at english-test.net

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful) #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:28 am   Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful)

Thanks mo7aisen, but what about the second question?

By the way, does anyone else have any idea, please?

Nessie
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful) #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:28 am   Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful)

Thanks mo7aisen, but what about the second question?

By the way, does anyone else have any ideas, please?

Nessie
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful) #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:37 am   Word distinguishing (revengeful vs vengeful)

it is also the dgree of judgement: while criticize means discuss the good as the well as the bad, reproach means to blame (i.e., expressing disapproval), and rebuke means censure strongly and, probably, angrily.
Mo7aisen
You can meet me at english-test.net

Problem with structure: Although she shouted, she could not make her voice hear | sentence correction: I have been solving one problem since last monday, now...
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
problem with'help'Expression: "Vaguely British accent"Stumped by ArticlesSpecial usage of adverb?How to pronounce these words right? Strip, stripe, pause and pulse.Difference among Rookie, Novice and Apprenticemeaning of the sentence 'Rover Wanderer Nomad Vagabond. Call me what you will.'Optional test question: container vs sackExpression "made it sure..."Gutter, sewer, drainsUsage of 'found'Correction: 'You will prepare curry yourself' vs 'You will make curry yourself'Query: The speaker is very well-acquainted with the subject.