competition; contention; act of competing
threat
case
invitation
rivalry

'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something'

Usage of 'freak out with' | Passive form: When the transcation has been processed, the transaction response
'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something' #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:18 am   'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something'

Can you tell me the difference between ''take turns to do something'' and ''take turns doing something'' because when I looked it up in Longman dictionary online,it is both ''take turns to..'' and ''take turns doing...''.But when looking it up at Cambridge Dictionary,it is only ''take turns to do...''
Please help me as soon as possible.
Many thanks
_________________
Don't see your shade think you are great
Duc

'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something' #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:04 am   'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something'

There is no difference, Duc. Take your pick.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Personal Statement: Since graduate study in obtaining a Masterís degree is an...Pronounciation of "clerk"usage of "got"usage of "one and only"seeking friends from Vietnam sharing MBAExpression: Either or is fine...'for+Ving' or 'to+Vinfi' or anything else!"Going on holiday" - a verb at clause level?Russian provebs and their English equivalentsWhat does 'earthly spendor' mean?What does 'embarrassing variety' mean?role of 'being'Query: language using style