Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

competition; contention; act of competing
threat
case
invitation
rivalry
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Usage of 'freak out with' | Passive form: When the transcation has been processed, the transaction response
listening exercisestell a friend
'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something' #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:18 am   'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something'

Can you tell me the difference between ''take turns to do something'' and ''take turns doing something'' because when I looked it up in Longman dictionary online,it is both ''take turns to..'' and ''take turns doing...''.But when looking it up at Cambridge Dictionary,it is only ''take turns to do...''
Please help me as soon as possible.
Many thanks

'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something' #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:04 am   'Take turns to do something' vs 'Take turns doing something'

There is no difference, Duc. Take your pick.
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of 'freak out with' | Passive form: When the transcation has been processed, the transaction response
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Personal Statement: Since graduate study in obtaining a Masterís degree is an...Pronounciation of "clerk"usage of "got"usage of "one and only"seeking friends from Vietnam sharing MBAExpression: Either or is fine...'for+Ving' or 'to+Vinfi' or anything else!"Going on holiday" - a verb at clause level?Russian provebs and their English equivalentsWhat does 'earthly spendor' mean?What does 'embarrassing variety' mean?role of 'being'Query: language using style