withdrawal from one's job or occupation
retirement
pie
initial
program

experience in vs. experience with

what and when is "to be + V-ing" being used? | Type of car employee use or used?
experience in vs. experience with #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:18 am   experience in vs. experience with

One of difficult parts in English is prepositions. What's the difference between 'experience in' and 'experience with'? My dictionary says that the noun(or verb) 'experience' takes a prepositional phrase with just 'in'. But I could find lots of examples on the web showing 'experience with'. I think both are right, but there's some slight differences between them. Please let me know them!

Thank you in advance.
Sweetpumpkin

Location: S.Korea

experience in vs. experience with #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 21, 2008 13:24 pm   experience in vs. experience with

.
I am not surprised that both occur. 'Experience in' would tend to refer to a noun topic within a larger topic, while 'experience with' would tend to refer to a whole noun topic, I suppose.

I have experience in customer relations.
I have experience with customers.

.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
experience in vs. experience with #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 am   experience in vs. experience with

Thank you so much! What a clear explanation! :)
Sweetpumpkin

Location: S.Korea

The Customs have discovered a large amount of illegal drugs?Can i use employee's position in the companyParagraph correction: Employee is allowed to fill in the Company Contingency...$1,500 - one thousand (and) five hundred dollarsGet the Date employee joining the companypayable vs paidwill be doing v.s. will doa double negative?Punctuation: How commas and semi colons are used in written English?Usage of 'mortally'Usage of 'absolutely'"What is the matter with you?" - Is it right?Oracle employees? Is that correct