to overstate; to make something seem greater or more important than it really is
weight
rehearse
pioneer
exaggerate

Meaning of mandatory

Definition of gerund | Difference between turn down and turn away
Meaning of mandatory #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 18, 2005 13:28 pm   Meaning of mandatory

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", question 9

They have a ......... restriction in the shop with regard to the number of items of clothing that you can try on at one time.

(a) legal
(b) reasonable
(c) required
(d) mandatory

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", answer 9

They have a mandatory restriction in the shop with regard to the number of items of clothing that you can try on at one time.

Correct answer: (d) mandatory
_________________________

reasonable

Meaning of mandatory #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 21, 2005 20:14 pm   Meaning of mandatory

This means the regulation is enforced.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
To reach your tetherAgainst the lawWhat does this phrasal verb mean: "to start off at somebody", is it anPresent Perfect ContinuousMake up new thingsDefinition of near the boneDifference between any and someIt didn't take long for the childrenFeeling down in the dumpsWhat does 'plum job' mean? It's an idiom, isn't it?What does this phrase mean: "I'm completely fed up with my job"?To make do withMary stood out