Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to add
commute
sum
plan
cope
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does 'annoying' mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as... | What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?
listening exercisestell a friend
What does 'annoying' mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 23, 2008 18:56 pm   What does 'annoying' mean?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Thank you letter", question 7

To tell you the truth I think he was a bit annoying because as you know my path is quite long.

(a) truth
(b) annoying
(c) quite

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Thank you letter", answer 7

To tell you the truth I think he was a bit annoyed because as you know my path is quite long.

Correct entry: annoyed
The error was: (b) annoying

what mean annoying?

AnnoyingGal
AnnoyingGal

What does 'annoying' mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 23, 2008 22:44 pm   What does 'annoying' mean?

I think you should have asked this before your chose your screen name. Please look it up ('annoy') in your dictionary.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does 'annoying' mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:23 am   What does 'annoying' mean?

I don't think it is always the person who asked the question who chooses the screen name, MM. I've always had the impression that those names are often made up by Alan, Torsten and/or Slava. :wink:

What does 'annoying' mean? #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:35 am   What does 'annoying' mean?

Really? Well, this one should certainly be changed. Not a very warm welcome for a new member, eh?

What does 'annoying' mean? #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:01 am   What does 'annoying' mean?

No, that wouldn't be, would it? Interestingly, AG seems to have added her chosen moniker to her original question. Oh, the mysterious workings of cyberspace! :wink:

What does 'annoying' mean? #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:36 am   What does 'annoying' mean?

Yankee wrote:
No, that wouldn't be, would it? Interestingly, AG seems to have added her chosen moniker to her original question. Oh, the mysterious workings of cyberspace! :wink:

I'm sure AG is not able to do that since she's a guest (and guests here can't change even their own posts :) ).
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What does 'annoying' mean? #7 (permalink) Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:17 am   What does 'annoying' mean?

As I said, Alex, it's all very mysterious. ;)

using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as... | What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Which management skill do you require to persuade your employees if your...What's the meaning of saturday night special?What do the terms long/short horizon mean?trainees vs trainersabout vs. concerningmeaning of "keeps his nose clean"What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?difference between dressing down and dressing upmeaning of "Come down with"thinking of buying vs. thinking to buydrew a line vs. painted a lineIs raise cain an idiom?Idiom: an arm and a leg