officer of a monastery; high-ranking member of a religious order
money
pad
prior
worry

the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?

What is the meaning of 'to-go specialist'? | business cards vs. business studies
the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech? #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 27, 2008 15:25 pm   the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?

ESL/EFL Test #222 "Confusing Words test (5)", question 5

I can ......... the Pacific Ocean and many marine animals, such as seagulls, crabs and clams, from my bedroom window everyday.

(a) see
(b) sea
(c) saw
(d) seen

ESL/EFL Test #222 "Confusing Words test (5)", answer 5

I can see the Pacific Ocean and many marine animals, such as seagulls, crabs and clams, from my bedroom window everyday.

Correct answer: (a) see
_________________________

Olena
Olena

the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 am   the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?

.
A noun, a noun phrase or a noun clause.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning of gills?making me watch movies during the exam?What is quavers and qualms?meaning of "parallel suit"Why some exercises in the elementary section are SO difficult?approaching the business end of the seasonWhat does business class mean?Which management skill do you require to persuade your employees if your...What's the meaning of saturday night special?What do the terms long/short horizon mean?trainees vs trainersabout vs. concerningmeaning of "keeps his nose clean"