wager; bet; investment; share
stake
degree
alternative
instruction

Prime example of the Code of Practice

What does unrealistic mean? | What does "never mind" mean?
Prime example of the Code of Practice #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 24, 2005 13:47 pm   Prime example of the Code of Practice

Test No. incompl/advan-1 "Code of Practice", question 2

This is a ......... example of what not to do.

(a) critical
(b) pure
(c) simple
(d) prime

Test No. incompl/advan-1 "Code of Practice", answer 2

This is a prime example of what not to do.

Correct answer: (d) prime

This is a simple example of what not to do.
_________________________

why a prime example? Why not a "simple" example?
Sylvie

Prime example of the Code of Practice #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 24, 2005 13:53 pm   Prime example of the Code of Practice

Sylvie,

As you know the Code of Practice is a set of rules which are important so we are talking of a prime example rather than just a simple one.

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the toll gate

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Prime example of the Code of Practice #3 (permalink) Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:37 am   Prime example of the Code of Practice

"As you know the Code of Practice is a set of rules which are important so we are talking of a prime example rather than just a simple one."

I don´t get it either.
Nico1980

Location: Spain

Prime example of the Code of Practice #4 (permalink) Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:56 pm   Prime example of the Code of Practice

You have to take this question in context.
Viewed in isolation, either answer would be okay. You have to recognise that we are speaking about a company's Code of Practice, a specific document which sets out their primary/main (hence, a prime example) rule.
_________________

a lot of usesDoes thriftiness mean to save money with clipping coupons?Test incompl/advan-847, Question 5Test incompl/advan-847, Question 4Why can negotiations result in a significant discount?Test incompl/advan-847, Question 2Please check these paragraphs and correct if there are any mistakesrestriction versus limitationextremely crucialto win big payout amountscurb-to-curb?TOEIC® listening part III, set 18, exercise 7My dog loves lying on her dog bed