to turn into profit; to generate revenue
fleet
articulate
tie
monetize

"Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"?

seized vs captured | Color or colors?
"Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"? #1 (permalink) Thu May 15, 2008 18:14 pm   "Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"?

Which of these two syntaxes should be used: "Here is my two cents" or "Here are my two cents"? (I think the former is more all right. Is "my two cents" considered as a whole and so it is used with a singular verb? :P )

P.S: I know "syntax" is an uncountable noun, but I just can't understand why it is. And because I can't think of anyway to express my idea, I did use the word wrong in my sentence, so please correct it for me.

Many thanks
Nessie :)
_________________
:(... something we never have again, I know... I guess I really really know.. :(

Sorry seems to be the hardest word...
Nessie

"Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"? #2 (permalink) Fri May 16, 2008 0:59 am   "Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"?

I think 'my two cents' is an abbreviation of "two cents' worth". So, as you said, "Here is my two cents" would be better.
Haihao

Location: Japan

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"? #3 (permalink) Fri May 16, 2008 4:41 am   "Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"?

.
Exactly, Haihao. :D
.
_________________

"Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"? #4 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 21:17 pm   "Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"?

Thanks - I was also wondering which was the correct one to use..!
Adn Lion

"Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"? #5 (permalink) Mon May 31, 2010 22:02 pm   "Here is my two cents" vs "Here are my two cents"?

It's worth noting that money is often perceived as a unit anyway, so you'll see "cents" with a singular verb frequently.

Fifty cents is far too little money for such an old child.
Mordant

Location: United States

seized vs captured | Color or colors?
How do you call this test?How are you?to be on time vs to be in timeplease check the sentences...The meaning of the phraseeach other or togethercan't help but v.s. can't helpPhrase: you called up that dayMeaning of "to roll over"Would you mind...?Don't tell any thing to herIn court v.s. in a court of lawhelp me, pls find out my grammar err.