inscription on a monument; in honor or memory of a dead person; commemoration
simper
epitaph
platitude
animus

TOEFLŪ prep: Leaders must pay attention to the advice and opinions of other people

TOEFLŪ essay: Cities are becoming less and less popular to live in... | TOEFLe ssay: Countries should not isolate themselves from the world, but instead
TOEFL prep: Leaders must pay attention to the advice and opinions of other people #1 (permalink) Mon May 19, 2008 12:05 pm   TOEFL prep: Leaders must pay attention to the advice and opinions of other people

Topic: leaders must pay attention to the advice and opinions of other people

As we see a boss give advice and opinions to other people, we take that for granted. However, we are skeptical whether employers should listen to advice and opinions from their employee. I strongly believe that they should.

Firstly, listening to other people brings leaders close to customers. We all know that employees are the bridge between leaders and customers. They are people who contact directly with customers so they know their customers demands. In addition, what leaders know about customers are almost coming from their employees. Moreover, by collecting advice and opinions from other people, a leader will be able to develop strategies for dealing with customers’ demands. Leaders are knowledgeable however their employees are sometimes have better understanding about a particular problem. Therefore it is necessary to listen to their ideas.

Secondly, paying attention to workers helps to boost relationship between employers and employees and then increase productivity. A bossy employeer cannot understand other people deeply, and therefore, it is easy to have arguments at workplace. In addition, this prevents process of work from being successful. Moreover, the boss will find that it is hard to is give their employees suitable positions at work due to their lack understanding of employees. Caring about advice and opinions of other people helps leaders solve a problem faster due to several brains working together. Furthermore, workers whose ideas are cared by their boss feel to be respect and as a result they start to work eagerly and evenly harder.

In conclusion, paying attention to other people not only helps to connect a leader of a company with their customers but also enhance the relationship between employers and employees.

TOEFL listening discussions: How does Dr Beech characterize the assistantship?
Pac 17

TOEFL prep: Leaders must pay attention to the advice and opinions of other people #2 (permalink) Tue May 20, 2008 3:49 am   TOEFL prep: Leaders must pay attention to the advice and opinions of other people

If leaders only give advice and opinions to other people but pay no attention to the advice and opinions of other people, then they are dictators.
Haihao

Location: Japan

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
June 6th TOEFLŪ TEST TakersTOEFLŪ essay: what means equality for the British?TOEFLŪ essay samples: Playing games teaches us about life.TOEFLŪ essay: A friend of yours has receive some money and plans to use itTOEFLŪ essay: What changes do you think 21st century will bring?TOEFLŪ essay: Movie are popular all over the world.TOEFLŪ essay: Imagine that you are preparing for a trip. You plan to be away...Is there anybody who scored TOEFLŪ in first attempt 26?TOEFLŪ essay: Some people think that the automobile has improved modern lifeTOEFLŪ Essay: Many teachers assign homework to students every dayTOEFLŪ system error? What should I do?Would you like to spent few minutes for TOEFLŪ preparation here?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Many people visit museum when they travel to new places.