paragraph; section in a document; part of a contract
harness
clause
contest
honesty

There is a lot of information

Slang meanings of "nails" | What does 'non-credible' mean? Why don't we use non-refundable in this case?
There is a lot of information #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2005 22:06 pm   There is a lot of information

Test No. errors/elem-10 "Tell me about Yourself", question 9

There are a lot of information on Leipzig on the internet and much of it is in English.

(a) are
(b) much
(c) is

Test No. errors/elem-10 "Tell me about Yourself", answer 9

There is a lot of information on Leipzig on the internet and much of it is in English.

Correct entry: is
The error was: (a) are

You have not found the error.
There are a lot of information on Leipzig on the internet and much of it are in English.
_________________________

why does we have "it" in this example. Is it rule for uncontable nouns?
remi3pl

It #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2005 23:26 pm   It

It here refers to information. This noun as you know is uncountable and that is why we use the pronoun it.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
There is a lot of information #3 (permalink) Sun Dec 28, 2008 20:48 pm   There is a lot of information

so do we always use a singular pronoun for the the uncountable words ?
Wms

There is a lot of information #4 (permalink) Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:06 pm   There is a lot of information

hi Alan, tell me how it is correct to say much of it is in English. I know that much is used with countable nouns but I need to explain it more
regards
sasooooo
Sasooo

There is a lot of information #5 (permalink) Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:30 pm   There is a lot of information

Much is used with uncountable nouns so the personal pronoun is always it.

TOEIC short conversations: Co-workers talk about the installation of the company's new computer system.

What are major financial drivers?What does bottom line mean?What does 'bring forward' mean?I'd simply be lying?When will we use Which and That? What is the difference?Can 'cold calling' be used in a context other than the phone call?was dressed to kill' vs 'wore her worst clothes'worry on or worry about?Sentence: Brazil is a country located in continent called South AmericaWhat does bracelets mean?Meaning of bandwagonMeaning of substanceFlock of sheep vs. flock of cows