Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

breadth; thickness
width
aircraft
driver
minute
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Worse or more badly?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Find mistake (A calorie is the quantity of heat required to rise...) | settings are disturbed
listening exercisestell a friend
Worse or more badly? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:09 am   Worse or more badly?

Hello,
Please look at this exercise :
Put the correct form of the suggested word to the blank:
He wants it (badly) than ever.
I think it is worse but the correct one must be ''more badly''
Please tell me why.
Thanks in advance.

Worse or more badly? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:34 am   Worse or more badly?

I'd use "worse" or "more".
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Worse or more badly? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:29 am   Worse or more badly?

Not a good exercise, duc.

Find mistake (A calorie is the quantity of heat required to rise...) | settings are disturbed
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
difference between "an economy" and "economy"until further noticewhat is the difference between regression and recession?Use of "noun/pronoun + asked that + noun/pronoun".Tenses (My daughter often says that she won't get married until she ... 25 years)What is the meaning of the phrase "gallant garden"?... are those girls? They are students. Which choice do you think is correct?meaning of "going on seven"Sentence correction: I presume that to pursue MBA, experience is not matter.Sentence: when you use an air ticket in the airport they cut a paper from the...Does the word "ununderstandable" exist?a long time later OR after a long time"mutual" vs "shared"