Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

thankful; appreciative; expressing thanks
grateful
frequent
congruent
beneficial
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of word groom

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does "let up" mean? | publish vs open
listening exercisestell a friend
meaning of word groom #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:57 am   meaning of word groom

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Speaking: The Wedding", question 1

Ladies and gentlemen it is a very great privilege for me to be asked to make a speech about the bride and her ..........

(a) grant
(b) grade
(c) groan
(d) groom

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Speaking: The Wedding", answer 1

Ladies and gentlemen it is a very great privilege for me to be asked to make a speech about the bride and her groom.

Correct answer: (d) groom

Your answer was: incorrect
Ladies and gentlemen it is a very great privilege for me to be asked to make a speech about the bride and her grade.

Hi,
Could you explain me the meaning of word goom??? My vocab says hostler, (old version) boyfriend and etc...
I think none of them is right...
Thank you.
Zarinamo
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

meaning of word groom #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:02 pm   meaning of word groom

The word 'groom' means the same thing as 'bridegroom' in this sentence.
Look at these dictionary definitions:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=9637&dict=CALD
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bridegroom&r=66

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of word groom #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:42 am   meaning of word groom

Thanks a lot for explanation.
Zarinamo
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What does "let up" mean? | publish vs open
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
meaning of the phrase "to keep the wolf from the door"what does "allow for the waste" mean?What is it a one-trick pony?Are rhyme and reason something like an idion or phrase?Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.sudden vs instant'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of''back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'What does "turn himself off" mean?Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issueExpression: submit to the number crunchersExpression: business relationship null and voidproverbial idiot vs. provincial idiot