sofa; couch; lobby; slow walk; stroll
clear
carpet
topic
lounge

what does "prime example" mean?

the article discusses vs. are discussed in the article | Multiple choice questions: What's wrong? vs. What's matter?
what does "prime example" mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 08, 2008 14:59 pm   what does "prime example" mean?

what does " prime example " mean?
Sultano

what does "prime example" mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 08, 2008 15:45 pm   what does "prime example" mean?

Hello Sultano,

A "prime example" is a "first-class" or "particularly pertinent" example. It is usually used when introducing or referring to an example during the course of a discussion or debate.

Thus speaker A may mention a particular case; and speaker B will say e.g.

1. That's a prime example of what I was talking about.

Best wishes,

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
telephone conversation in American Englishclient vs. customerunreasonable largeReported speech: The mother accused her son of not having done what she had saidReported speech (Marry: What shall we do on saturday?)"Get over it" vs "Get it over with"Usage of still (Do you still hungry? vs. Are you still hungry?)Sentences with comparisons - similar structure, but different treatment?Adjective of quality - is the definition correct?adverbs of FrequencyProgressive TenseUsage of article: Nadal, is the King of Court Clay, Nobody has stopped from...Query (Rich as they are, I think they shouldn't do that.)