to waver; to be uncertain; to vacillate; to falter; to be indecisive
signify
tie
hesitate
permit

somewhere vs anywhere

Phrase "the best of both worlds" | "end" vs "get over"
somewhere vs anywhere #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:30 pm   somewhere vs anywhere

What is the difference in meaning of the following questions?

1. Did you go somewhere?
2. Did you go anywhere ?

Thanks in advance :D
Mdenglish

somewhere vs anywhere #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:48 am   somewhere vs anywhere

When you ask the first question you are think that it's quite likely that the person went somewhere. When you ask the second question you think it's rather unlikely that the person went anywhere and you probably expect a negative answer.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A riverside

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
somewhere vs anywhere #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:58 am   somewhere vs anywhere

1. Did you go somewhere? = I guess you went somewhere. Is that true?
2. Did you go anywhere? = I know nothing about whether you went anywhere or not. Can you let me know the fact?

Just my two cents.
Haihao

Location: Japan

Practical vs PracticableIs would have been OK in this sentence?power vs force vs ability"The faster the CPU, the more heat produced." seems wrong, isn't it?is it necessary to use "there are"?meaning of "skip my place"Burning comma questionWhat is under "I would/wouldn't use/write/add/omit..."Construction: as ... as he/him?role of anyone"want" in progressiveAre or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?At the best of times - what does it mean?