Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

a document giving details about an offering of securities investment for sale to the public
consumption
stock
prospectus
software
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I can't reach you...

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Gerund (Smoking has been banned in Asian Countries.) | about "it's time you sold that old car" - the story continues
listening exercisestell a friend
I can't reach you... #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 am   I can't reach you...

Hi,

how many ways to express I can't find someone by phone or by email. is it right below:

'I can't reach her'
'I can't get her'
Lee12jan
You can meet me at english-test.net

I can't reach you... #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 am   I can't reach you...

Reaching her is difficult.
I'm having a hard time reaching her.
She not getting the phone.
She's always out when I call.
No answer.
She's not picking up.

And more...
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
I can't reach you... #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:47 am   I can't reach you...

Hi, Molly:

Is it right to use 'I can't get her' ?
Lee12jan
You can meet me at english-test.net

I can't reach you... #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:55 am   I can't reach you...

lee12jan wrote:
Hi, Molly:

Is it right to use 'I can't get her' ?

Yes. Or, "can't get hold of her".
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Gerund (Smoking has been banned in Asian Countries.) | about "it's time you sold that old car" - the story continues
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
How to say if someone was not available at a certain time?Pull the plugwho take part in his teachingsConcord: there's/there are + plural nounSentence: Do you have a budget for this solution...take care of ... responsible for ...in charge of...Deictic expressionsPunctuation for questions (How can a bank have exposure to a bond insurer who...)If you are not/don't be with somebody (_) your own age, you will regret it later.Good officesConditional questions (If I were sick, I would have taken this medicine.)reach a point vs get to the pointExpression: "Hey, look at that building..."