to stance
scan
pose
envision
overlap

meaning of "falling-out"

first thing today morning vs. first thing tomorrow morning | 'pen name' vs 'nickname'
meaning of "falling-out" #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:05 am   meaning of "falling-out"

"We are not on speaking terms at the moment. We had a .........-out over the decision of whether or not to put our parents in an old folks' home or to have them move in with one of us. My brother wanted to send them to a home and I didn't," Mark told Suzy.

(a) backing
(b) falling
(c) leaning
(d) bending

"We are not on speaking terms at the moment. We had a falling-out over the decision of whether or not to put our parents in an old folks' home or to have them move in with one of us. My brother wanted to send them to a home and I didn't," Mark told Suzy.

Correct answer: (b) falling

_________________________

why falling?

Rembo
Rembo

meaning of "falling-out" #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 25, 2008 16:02 pm   meaning of "falling-out"

A falling-out means a row (British ;) ), an argument.
When you and someone fall out, you're not on speaking terms anymore because you argued about something.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
suit vs. fitShouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?why generating and what does this context mean?"Let's eat out for a change" vs "Let's eat out in a change"Shouldn't it be '...helped him blow off some steam...'?Idiom: looking for a fair shake"responsibility for" vs "responsibility to"meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"meaning of flooredwhat is factor conditions?"It's seems" vs "It seems"is sales a debit or a credit?Expression "felt like to doing"