Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

notwithstanding
save
opposite
until
despite
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Usage of whereby

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Use of "little" and "small" | When I can to occupy the words *could* *would* *else*
listening exercisestell a friend
Usage of whereby #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:37 am   Usage of whereby

Hi,

I would like to know the usage of whereby. where and How it is used... Is it used when we talk about arrangements or processes?
Gr3243

Use of whereby #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 10, 2005 21:20 pm   Use of whereby

Whereby can be used instead of by means of or through which.
Example:
Learning a language is a process whereby new vocabulary and grammar structures are acquired.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A stork nest
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Use of "little" and "small" | When I can to occupy the words *could* *would* *else*
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
How do we use the modal verbs "would" and "could" in the condUsing: "must" and "have to"Oppose vs. oppositeBig in Japan?Any differences between refrain and restrainI'm confused!Stop to do sth and stop doing sthWhat's the difference between simple present and present progressive?Which to use *At *To*Difference between emend and amend?Difference between have and have gotWhat is the difference between "who" and "whom"?British and American expressions