notwithstanding
save
opposite
until
despite

Usage of whereby

Use of "little" and "small" | When I can to occupy the words *could* *would* *else*
Usage of whereby #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:37 am   Usage of whereby

I would like to know the usage of whereby. where and How it is used... Is it used when we talk about arrangements or processes?
Gr3243

Location: Amsterdam

Use of whereby #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 10, 2005 21:20 pm   Use of whereby

Whereby can be used instead of by means of or through which.
Example:
Learning a language is a process whereby new vocabulary and grammar structures are acquired.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A stork nest

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
How do we use the modal verbs "would" and "could" in the condUsing: "must" and "have to"Oppose vs. oppositeBig in Japan?Any differences between refrain and restrainI'm confused!Stop to do sth and stop doing sthWhat's the difference between simple present and present progressive?Which to use *At *To*Difference between emend and amend?Difference between have and have gotWhat is the difference between "who" and "whom"?British and American expressions