at first; in the first place; in a unique manner
randomly
overseas
ostensibly
originally

I wonder if "to this day" means the same as "until this day"

Barter has many disadvantages... | the usage of "please"
I wonder if "to this day" means the same as "until this day" #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 28, 2008 15:49 pm   I wonder if "to this day" means the same as "until this day"

hi,
I wonder if "to this day" means the same as "until this day".
If so, can I use it in any circumstance?

"To this day I haven't received any information about my request".

thanks.
Jaysee

I wonder if "to this day" means the same as "until this day" #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 28, 2008 21:37 pm   I wonder if "to this day" means the same as "until this day"

"To this day" means "until today", but it conveys a bit of surprise, amazement or irritation.

"He is still alive to this day." = He is still alive, and that's a little bit amazing.
"To this day I have not received any information regarding my request." = I haven't received any information, and I'm angry about it.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Adjective: 'I am very pragmatic person' vs 'I am very pragmatic'the usage of 'could' in these lyricsAnother doubt: when to use 'I've got' and 'I got'?When to use 'in' and 'on'?Rewrite sentence: Simon had not expected that he would feel so weak after the...short noticestay when visiting"were" with He, She and It"quit" vs "give up"convince vs persuadeit's too far to walk (there)?Help with contractions (Sentence: Why can't I buy that clock?)Sentence: There's a wildcat money coming here. I have to stack my piece.