receiving of a regular or fixed payment
coherent
stipendiary
legal
present

Difference between country and countryside

What is the meaning of causality? | One of the scariest experiences you can have
Difference between country and countryside #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 10, 2005 16:24 pm   Difference between country and countryside

Test No. incompl/inter-20 "Will or Shall?", question 6

I want you to imagine that a man is walking ..........

(a) in the country
(b) on the countryside
(c) by the countryside
(d) over the country

Test No. incompl/inter-20 "Will or Shall?", answer 6

I want you to imagine that a man is walking in the country.

Correct answer: (a) in the country

I want you to imagine that a man is walking on the countryside.
_________________________

What's the difference between 'country' and 'countryside'?

Davidddd
Davidddd

Difference between country and countryside #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 10, 2005 17:45 pm   Difference between country and countryside

Both expressions would be IN the country/countryside. There is very little difference except that countryside is more specific and refers in particular to fields/meadows/rivers/streams and so on.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between country and countryside #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:50 am   Difference between country and countryside

why can't we use on the countryside
jyo
Mudium

Difference between country and countryside #4 (permalink) Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 am   Difference between country and countryside

why can't we use on the countryside
jyo

i got from MR.Alan's explanation that both country and countryside can be used but if they come after the preposition in but as you see in the question the second distractor has the preposition on not in
Goodmahsa

Location: Iran

What does "scenic spot" mean?Does "delineate" also mean "describe"?This is a great website!What does cahoots mean?What does nutshell mean?What are endangered, tentative, and ambiguous?What is conservative in terms of politics here?What is Impeachment?What does treaty mean? Why and When we use Treaty?Why is rye uncountable?'If you look out the window' vs 'If you look out of the window'Meaning of murdererDo we say 'to get hold of money' to say 'to make a lot of money'?