full of enthusiasm or eagerness; passionate; excited
zealous
auspicious
consummate
tantamount

Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than...

ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŽ Test and essay samples collection
Where can I find TOEFLŽ coaching centers in India? | When should I receive TOEFLŽ scores?
Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than... #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 02, 2008 17:56 pm   Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than...

"Nature is a best teacher"as this phrase suggets, one will always need a medium to learn new things and new ideas.Personally I belive that one can learn better with a teacher rather learning alone by oneself.

when you are studing alone you will have lot of questions to be answered,also if you are solving a problem and stuck some where then teacher can be a best guide to answer or solve a problem.According to me teacher can be any medium like school teacher, your parents,friends,books or surrounding nature.

In my country teacher is consider as a "God" beause teacher is a source of knowledge and power.In my opnion one should alway learn more form teacher as they have more experience in life.To support my choise I wold like to share one incindent when I was studing in Architecture collage.Once in collage we had been given one assinment. Most of the students couldnt come to the solution. we almost refered all the books avalible but fail to come to a solution. Then we went our professor and he gave us some clues to solve it and the reference of the another book so you can imagine if we had to solve the problem alone it could have taken ages.

In conclusion to learn more accuratlely and thoroughly teacher is a good medium,Who is always there to guide you in the dark and protect you in harsh sun.

some one please check my essay, and suggest me corrections ......

TOEFL listening lectures: Which aspect of bee behavior does the professor mainly discuss?
Pprachi14

Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:49 pm   Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than

Hi :)
With this topic , i have some opinions .

Firtly , in the sentence : "Nature is a best teacher"as this phrase suggets, one will always need a medium to learn new things and new ideas.Personally I belive that one can learn better with a teacher rather learning alone by oneself . I think that i will write "nature is the best teacher ( replace "a" by"the" because "best" is a superlative comparison ) is as this phrase suggestion , one will always need a medium to learn new things and new ideas .Personally, I belive that one can learn better with a teacher than by himself (as i know , in toefl essay , the writer had better write as shortly as possible but concisely and clearly )

In sencondly phrase , "alone"in "when you are studying alone" should be replaced by "yourseft" because "alone" shows a condition . It means that someone haven't got married , still single . And also , if i were you , i would use simple present instead of present continuous because this sentence expresses a truth which is your idea .
"you will have lot of questions to be answered" should be writen "you will have lots of questions which need answering "
"also , if you solve a problem and stuck by some the teacher can be the best guide to give answer to question "
" teacher is consider as a God" can be writen "teacher is considered as the God" because this is a passive voice structure . And then , also , to avoid using the same word , you can write "because they are ......."
"Then we went our professor and he gave us some clues to solve it and the reference of the another book so you can imagine if we had to solve the problem alone it could have taken ages" . In this sentence , i can understand your meaning but truly , it's not really clearly and a bit complicating . so sorry for my idea :? and also , forgive me , hah ?? :wink: . Hmmm , i write :"Then , when we met our professor , he gave us some ideas (better than clues , i think ) to solve it and some books of reference . Through my incident , i believe that you can image without experience and suggestions of my teacher , how complicated we were ."

In last sentence , my suggestion is "In conclusion , to achive knowledge more accurately andthoroughly , teacher is a good medium ( i write so because "medium" is a thing which has responsibility to link two objects . So , it's better for you to show two objects there . these are : people who study and knowledge which they need archive )
And another opinion , i really like your conclusion . You are right . the teacher always "guide us in the dark and protect us from ( :arrow: IDM : protect sbd/sth from sbd/sth ) harsh sun. "

Hmm.........at last , i think that you can give some more phrase to show how necessary the teacher is for our life . For example : without them , we don't know which position we are in to continue trying and training , we don't know our false and our defects ............ there are only them who can show all of them for us . and also , you can quote a lot of famous saying to prove your opinion right

i hope my above opinions useful for you . wish you luck ! :wink:
Giang93

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than... #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 18:41 pm   Toffel essay: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than...

Thank you......giang93
Pprachi14

ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŽ Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
TOEFLŽ essay samples: Children should be strongly pushed to achieve their maximumTOEFLŽ essay: Some people belive that students should be given one long vacationAny TOEFLŽ test takers on july 11? Southeast Asia or Asia takers?TOEFLŽ essay: People attend college or university for many different reasonsTOEFLŽ essay topic: When people succeed, it is because of hard workOnly TOEFLŽ no GREŽTOEFLŽ essay: should students do some of the talking in class...On TOEFLŽ WritingTOEFLŽ Essay Sample: People attend college or university for many different reasonTOEFLŽ essay sample: Community's transportation!TOEFLŽ essay: Every generation of people is different in important ways...Good TOEFLŽ test centers in AhmedabadAnybody taking TOEFLŽ this sunday (29/06)? Moscow?