to finish; to infer; to deduce; to make a decision
conclude
lend
allot
presume

What do we call this part of a shoelace?

Distinguish "enable" and "empower" | Hate(=noun) versus Hatred
What do we call this part of a shoelace? #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:44 am   What do we call this part of a shoelace?

On an end of a shoelace, there is some sort of a tiny plastic that binds and flatten it, what do we call this thing?

Many thanks,
Cantik
_________________
Thou shalt not use yours to make the whole world jealous.
SiCantikManis

What do we call this part of a shoelace? #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 am   What do we call this part of a shoelace?

Velcro. Consisting of loop tape and hook tape.
Haihao

Location: Japan

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What do we call this part of a shoelace? #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:34 am   What do we call this part of a shoelace?

Oh, no. I wasn't talking about velcro. Thank you for the attention though.

Perhaps my question was difficult to understand. Maybe I'll show you better. Here, please take a look at this.

shoelace's end

Do you notice the ends, where they are fastened by sort of a hard plastic? I learnt the word before but I couldn't recall it. I think it starts from the letter "I" or "A".
_________________
SiCantikManis

What do we call this part of a shoelace? #4 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:57 am   What do we call this part of a shoelace?

.
Aglet:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aglet
.
_________________

What do we call this part of a shoelace? #5 (permalink) Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:05 pm   What do we call this part of a shoelace?

That's it! Owh! You've made me a happy woman, Amy. :D

Thanks to you too, Haihao.
_________________
SiCantikManis

next past tense? for example...Question about "start or begin""at will" vs "by will"Something has taken its tollUsage of start and beginConfused with exercise: Translation, as a skill on its own, is not perhaps...English morphology and syntaxwhen do I use "if" and "whether"?Calculation of earnings and expensesPast Perfect vs Past Simpleaffect or has an effect"Prices keep rising" or "Prices keep growing"?What does "need I say less" mean?