Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

comfortably; without great difficulty or effort
yet
last
obviously
easy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

has been chosen or has been chose?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Passage: Studies in Rhetoric and public Speaking in Honor of James Albert Winans | Expression: So far, so good
listening exercisestell a friend
has been chosen or has been chose? #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 27, 2008 15:20 pm   has been chosen or has been chose?

I'm not sure which is grammatically correct between "has been chosen" and "has been chose". Anyone could please help me with this?

Thanks
Babypumpkin
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

has been chosen or has been chose? #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 27, 2008 15:40 pm   has been chosen or has been chose?

Hi BP

You need the past participle here, so it is correct to say 'has been chosen'.

The verb 'choose' is irregular:
The simple past tense is 'chose', and the past participle is 'chosen'.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Passage: Studies in Rhetoric and public Speaking in Honor of James Albert Winans | Expression: So far, so good
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
How to teach English Grammar interestingly?Could you check if I say something wrong? audio file which is related to telephonAnswerfor: Where would you rank this person in potential to undertake...Paragraph: Supposingly some of you guys, though its amount could be quite...Adverb of time-some confusionWhen's your birthday?different using of "start and begin"compound word keychainrainy vs raininguse of 'look like'How do you pronounce "truffle"?when should I use got (ex: got + disturbed)"the same as" and "as same as"