range; journey; track; path; series; sequence
run
suggestion
uncertainty
attachment

How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense?

Should I keep on saying "Our Painter has painted excellently" | Sentence: The couple who live next door always watch television.
How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:41 am   How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense?

Hi, everybody ?

I need someone explain me about the differences of using gerund and simple present continues tense.

Now, I am learning the grammar of gerund and simple present continues tense. I agree that we must practice listening, writting and speaking English for 20 minuete everyday.
I have a few difficulties how to express my ideas in conversation. Being that problem I follow this forum
So that, the actively practicing in forum can help me to improve my English.

Would you correct my English ? Thanks for helping me.[/i]
Renny

How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:03 am   How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense

Hi Renny,

You might want to take a look at this story to get a better understanding of the continuous forms are used.

Let me know what you think.

TOEIC listening, photographs: An emergency vehicle

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense #3 (permalink) Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:56 am   How to know the different of using gerund and simple present continues tense

Hi Renny
I've made suggestions for improvement in your original text -- my suggestions are in boldface type:

I need someone to explain the differences of using gerunds and present continuous tense.

Now, I am learning the grammar of gerunds and present continuous tense. I agree that we must practice listening, writing and speaking English for 20 minutes every day .
I have a few difficulties knowing how to express my ideas in conversation. Being that I have this problem, I'm following this forum
I hope that actively practicing in the forum will help me to improve my English.

_________________

Sentence: Canada made investments abroad with many private owned firms...Usage of Since (Since 1980, China has established special economic zones in...)Is the bit from 'Pacquiao' grammatically correct?A small para for review: We note that this quarter the firm advanced...Usage of "must" and "should"Capacitance changes as voltage changes. vs Capacitance changes with voltage.Multiple choice questions: This information ... to a great many people.information of the structure "is used to"meaning of "Which something"Plural of Versusarticle for 'credit crisis'Usage of whichever, however, no matter how, whateverArgument about the word dwindle