Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

license; authorization
least
permit
suitcase
glossary
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between disaster, event, accident

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
he teacher found it quite futile to try and teach the children | Should vs. must
listening exercisestell a friend
Difference between disaster, event, accident #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 24, 2005 14:59 pm   Difference between disaster, event, accident

Test No. incompl/elem-27 "Sailing", question 2

Oh, it was a complete .........!

(a) accident
(b) happening
(c) disaster
(d) event

Test No. incompl/elem-27 "Sailing", answer 2

Oh, it was a complete disaster!

Correct answer: (c) disaster

Your answer was: incorrect
Oh, it was a complete accident!

what is the different between these words disaster,event, accident and happening
priya

Difference between disaster, event, accident #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 24, 2005 16:38 pm   Difference between disaster, event, accident

Disaster something terrible that causes great loss of life and damage as in the recent tsunami
Accident when something gets broken by chance or someone is hurt by chance as in traffic accident
Event describes something significant happens like the Olympic Games
Happening literally when something happens.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between disaster, event, accident #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 28, 2009 18:14 pm   Difference between disaster, event, accident

It is good for me. And Helping Out To Improve Grammar.
Vamsivikas

Difference between disaster, event, accident #4 (permalink) Sun Sep 12, 2010 23:12 pm   Difference between disaster, event, accident

hello Alan. what is the meaning of "complete disaster"? why you use word "complete"? is it have same meaning with complex disaster? i mean earthquake,tsunami,and flood are happen in same time.
Zulf

Difference between disaster, event, accident #5 (permalink) Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 am   Difference between disaster, event, accident

Hi Zulf,

'Complete disaster' is used in conversation and isn't meant in a literal sense because it is an exaggeration. It suggests that something has gone wrong in a very bad way.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Difference between disaster, event, accident #6 (permalink) Wed Nov 10, 2010 20:58 pm   Difference between disaster, event, accident

Its not easy to understand this question and the same time you need to dicover the answer like this... This question is very short to give a right answer. How a no native people could answer like this... Its easy and I cant not say difficult so...
Fitoceres

Difference between disaster, event, accident #7 (permalink) Thu Nov 11, 2010 0:18 am   Difference between disaster, event, accident

as i read the sentence so with the choices...exactly i got the right answer.
it's just how you contract your sentence and pick the right answer.
Aprillove20
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

he teacher found it quite futile to try and teach the children | Should vs. must
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
ParrotsLana is really flakygone to her head.make a pit stopwho the quarterback isscrews upa lot of rug ratsWhile he was in prison serving the sentencewe delivered 150 newspapersextremely adepta goody two-shoeswhat does cover refer to?Bill's wife is mutton dressed as lamb?