plain; clear; visible; public; intentional; undisguised (Law)
splendid
kindly
collateral
overt

Confidence vs confident

Difficult question: China has also made initial progress in making investments... | use of do and have
Confidence vs confident #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 09, 2008 22:12 pm   Confidence vs confident

Hi Torsten,

I hope everything is fine with you.

Can you give me brief about when I can you confidence and confident?

I am doing very well on improving my language, this is all because of your efforts.

Many thanks to you. :D

Yousef
Yousefhubail

Confidence vs confident #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 10, 2008 15:24 pm   Confidence vs confident

Hi Yousef,

Many thanks for joining our forum. As for your question, confidence is a noun while confident is an adjective. So you can have a lot of confidence in yourself which means you are very self-confident.

Hope this makes sense.

TOEIC listening, question-response: What's the matter with the photocopier?

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Confidence vs confident #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 10, 2008 15:30 pm   Confidence vs confident

Were you confused because of my name?
ConfidenceMan

under and underneathIt's all down to mean expression: hammer lockadj instead of adv?can, will be able toOrigin of phrase/rulePhrase "It's a deal!"Sentence ending: 'I hate cheese'! vs. He said, 'I hate cheese!'Stress on sentence: I allowed him to clean the car ('ow' from allowed?)Can you interpret this short but difficult passage?How do you say "I love you" to a girl?a couple sentencesSentence: "My parents have a total of six sons, plus me"