the face, countenance or look of a person
brae
visage
fallacy
obsolescence

SATŪ verbal section

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test
PSAT/SATŪ Prep Software | What does SATŪ mean?
SAT verbal section #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:01 am   SAT verbal section

Can someone please tell me what is a VERBAL section on SAT?
thx. please reply also to drozofil@udm.ru
i am about to take SAT so please help.
drozofil

Critical Reading Section #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 30, 2005 14:53 pm   Critical Reading Section

The verbal section of the SAT has changed its name to Critical Reading now. As the new names suggests, this part of the SAT contains critical reading questions that assess your reading competency at the sentence, paragraph and passage level. Now there are also paragraph-lenght critical reasoning questions in that section. You will be presented with various topics such as science, literature, humanities and history. If you want to test and improve your SAT vocabulary knowledge and get prepared for the Critical Reading section, you should take theses tests:
http://www.english-test.net/sat/index.html

TOEIC listening, photographs: A knight on horse

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
Thx #3 (permalink) Wed Mar 30, 2005 18:36 pm   Thx

thank you very much! can u also tell me how is GPA calculated?!
drozofil

VERBAL section #4 (permalink) Mon Oct 24, 2005 20:20 pm   VERBAL section

If you want to test and improve your SAT vocabulary knowledge and get prepared for the Critical Reading section, you should take theses tests:

Do these tests really work? I mean, are they based on the real list for SAT words?

SAT Vocabulary #5 (permalink) Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:35 am   SAT Vocabulary

One thing that is the real list is sparknotes test prep. They claim to have analyzed the test for words.

There is also a rap music way to improve SAT vocabularythat I found (through this site): Flocabulary.

flocabulary.com

The songs define SAT vocabulary words.

The list of the top 500 words is
flocabulary.com/wordlist.html

Enjoy,
Marshall

Powervocab verbal preparation #6 (permalink) Fri Feb 10, 2006 0:53 am   Powervocab verbal preparation

This one is really cool. I saw others busy fiddling witht he flash cards; PowerVocab does the trick on the cell phone. A bit pricey, but i thought the word list was pretty good. Cheaper than the flash cards.

PowerVocab for SAT
KissDoctor

Powervocab verbal preparation #7 (permalink) Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:28 am   Powervocab verbal preparation

I agree. Tried it and really liked the word list. The app rocks.
IGone

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
Should anyone find good SATŪ exam in online?How can I prepare for the SATŪ exam?PSAT practice tests?Tips for the SATŪ?Am I in trouble? I'm about to take the SATII Chem.SATŪ Subject TestIn about a month (May 7) I am going to take the SATsWhat do you think of my SATŪ Scores?How long have you been preparing for the SATŪ?Which calculators are acceptable? (SATŪ test this morning!)How do i send my satŪ scores at Collegeboard?Is Barrons How to prepare for SATŪ book realy good at the english section?Need some SATŪ practice tests! help!