distant part of the sea visible from the shore; remote place far from the shore; high seas
offing
traffic
hem
mood

Reinvent the wheel

Difference between consumption and consuming | What is a paper tiger? Is it an idiom?
Reinvent the wheel #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:09 am   Reinvent the wheel

Test No. incompl/advan-77 "Internet Business (2)", question 3

She told him to stop wasting time by coming up with tried and tested ideas and in this way simply re-inventing the ..........

(a) circle
(b) round
(c) curve
(d) wheel

Test No. incompl/advan-77 "Internet Business (2)", answer 3

She told him to stop wasting time by coming up with tried and tested ideas and in this way simply re-inventing the wheel.

Correct answer: (d) wheel

She told him to stop wasting time by coming up with tried and tested ideas and in this way simply re-inventing the circle.
_________________________

I know there is a metaphorical idea which I can not comprehend.
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Reinvent the wheel #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:53 am   Reinvent the wheel

This expression means going back to what has already been created/invented - in other words wasting time.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between return and resumeDifference between progress and progressionConditional IGetting marriedWhat is the difference between vine yard and vine area?Bite my head offLike a little angelWhat is the difference between 'enhanced' and 'enlarged'?Each garment is markedWhat does 'figure out' mean here?Lead a dog's lifeDifference between amass and increasePut your feet up