easement; alleviation; liberation; aid; assistance
official
executive
relief
argument

Fair vs. fare?

The sea was very calm? | what is the meaning of pathetic?
Fair vs. fare? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:41 pm   Fair vs. fare?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #6 "Stop making plans", question 8

It seems to me that she was perfectly correct and I think it's not fare of you to say that she has behaved badly.

(a) It seems
(b) not fare
(c) to say

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #6 "Stop making plans", answer 8

It seems to me that she was perfectly correct and I think it's not fair of you to say that she has behaved badly.

Correct entry: not fair
The error was: (b) not fare
_________________________

is the fare spelling correct?

Matrina
Matrina

Is the fare spelling correct? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:46 pm   Is the fare spelling correct?

The word 'fair' means reasonable/balanced as in a fair test/answer/question but the word 'fare' is used often to describe the price you pay for a ticket on public transport as in bus fare/train fare. In the test sentence the suggestion is that the comment is not fair or unjust/unfair.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
deal vs executeslang for an athleteWhy do you use "other" in the sentence?meaning of "throw in the towel"meaning of "keep your chin up"Sentence: After the revolution, the ex-president eventually found a safe...What is personal possession?Idiom "lock, stock and barrel" is still in use today?adapt vs accommodatethrown in prision vs. thrown in the prisonWhat does 'get hold of' mean?meaning of 'pull the plug'What does 'assignmet' mean?