Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

pertinent; relevant; connected
germane
subordinate
unfair
proud
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of ordinal | Difference between at last and finally
listening exercisestell a friend
trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 02, 2005 15:20 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Test No. incompl/elem-15 "An Easy Question", question 10

Oh, that's easy - ......... to answer this test!

(a) trying
(b) falling
(c) putting
(d) picking

Test No. incompl/elem-15 "An Easy Question", answer 10

Oh, that's easy - trying to answer this test!

Correct answer: (a) trying

Your answer was: incorrect
Oh, that's easy - picking to answer this test!

Hi, There seems to some bug in your website. I chose the right answer 'picking' but what i see here in the results page is different.

Good website. I love it.
Sameeri
Sameeri

Trying #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 02, 2005 19:13 pm   Trying

Trying is the right answer.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Oh, that's easy - trying to answer this test! #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am   Oh, that's easy - trying to answer this test!

Good morning to you all i always enjoy your test question because i always improved my step...i love this foundation.my email:muhammadalnur@yahoo.com
best concern
nura abubakar
nigeria
Nura Abubakar

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #4 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Why is it trying rather than picking?
Z90Ali

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #5 (permalink) Sat Oct 03, 2009 19:18 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Why is it trying rather than picking?
Alfaidim

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #6 (permalink) Wed Dec 30, 2009 18:16 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Hello Torsten
I just finished the test An easy question,and I've scored 10 out 10 yeah finally I've got it without any mistake ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppsssssssss happy.Thanks to all of you teachers ,this website is my treasure.
Bye bye and Happy New Year everybody.
Admira

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #7 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 15:14 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Dear Sirs

I chose "putting" instead of "trying". Please explain why "putting" is incorret? I think "putting the answer" means "making the answer". The sentence says " That's easy" therefore I chose "putting" instead of "trying".

Regards,
Masako
Masako
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #8 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 15:21 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Hi,

In the test you'll see that the wording is 'to answer' and 'putting to answer' doesn't make sense. The only one that works is 'trying' which means making an effort to do something.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #9 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 16:02 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Dear Alan

Thank you for your explanation. I understood and cleared my head.

Regards,
Masako
Masako
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #10 (permalink) Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:56 am   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

thank you very much.....
Aani

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #11 (permalink) Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:44 am   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

In this sentence: "Oh, that's easy - picking to answer this test!" I understand that "to answer this test, all you have to do is simply picking (multiple choices)". That way of explanation makes sense, too, doesn't it?
Rei2

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #12 (permalink) Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 am   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Hi Rei,

At the very least if you were to use 'picking' you would need an object:

Oh, that's easy - picking an option to answer this test!

Even then, I think it would be stretching the grammar to breaking point.
Language Coach

Meaning of ordinal | Difference between at last and finally
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does armoire mean?What is flax?REMWhat is a carseat?not unlikeHas been blowing all night -- not finished yet?What is body wash?faint whisper vs. a faint whisper/faint whispersHe recalled going to the store on Friday.is this good report ?past perfect vs. simple pastWhy did we not use fog?Difference between good and well