pertinent; relevant; connected
germane
subordinate
unfair
proud

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Meaning of ordinal | Difference between at last and finally
trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 02, 2005 15:20 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Test No. incompl/elem-15 "An Easy Question", question 10

Oh, that's easy - ......... to answer this test!

(a) trying
(b) falling
(c) putting
(d) picking

Test No. incompl/elem-15 "An Easy Question", answer 10

Oh, that's easy - trying to answer this test!

Correct answer: (a) trying

Oh, that's easy - picking to answer this test!
_________________________

Hi, There seems to some bug in your website. I chose the right answer 'picking' but what i see here in the results page is different.

Good website. I love it.
Sameeri
Sameeri

Trying #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 02, 2005 19:13 pm   Trying

Trying is the right answer.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Oh, that's easy - trying to answer this test! #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am   Oh, that's easy - trying to answer this test!

Good morning to you all i always enjoy your test question because i always improved my step...i love this foundation.my email:muhammadalnur@yahoo.com
best concern
nura abubakar
nigeria
Nura Abubakar

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #4 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Why is it trying rather than picking?
Z90Ali

Location: Pakistan

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #5 (permalink) Sat Oct 03, 2009 19:18 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Why is it trying rather than picking?
Alfaidim

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #6 (permalink) Wed Dec 30, 2009 18:16 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Hello Torsten
I just finished the test An easy question,and I've scored 10 out 10 yeah finally I've got it without any mistake ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppsssssssss happy.Thanks to all of you teachers ,this website is my treasure.
Bye bye and Happy New Year everybody.
Admira
_________________
To be or not to be ,that is the question.
Admira

Location: UK.Bexhill on sea

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #7 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 15:14 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Dear Sirs

I chose "putting" instead of "trying". Please explain why "putting" is incorret? I think "putting the answer" means "making the answer". The sentence says " That's easy" therefore I chose "putting" instead of "trying".

Masako
Masako

Location: Japan

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #8 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 15:21 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

In the test you'll see that the wording is 'to answer' and 'putting to answer' doesn't make sense. The only one that works is 'trying' which means making an effort to do something.

_________________

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #9 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 16:02 pm   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Dear Alan

Thank you for your explanation. I understood and cleared my head.

Masako
Masako

Location: Japan

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #10 (permalink) Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:56 am   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

thank you very much.....
Aani

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #11 (permalink) Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:44 am   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

In this sentence: "Oh, that's easy - picking to answer this test!" I understand that "to answer this test, all you have to do is simply picking (multiple choices)". That way of explanation makes sense, too, doesn't it?
Rei2

trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test! #12 (permalink) Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 am   trying to answer this test! vs picking to answer this test!

Hi Rei,

At the very least if you were to use 'picking' you would need an object:

Oh, that's easy - picking an option to answer this test!

Even then, I think it would be stretching the grammar to breaking point.
_________________

What does armoire mean?What is flax?REMWhat is a carseat?not unlikeHas been blowing all night -- not finished yet?What is body wash?faint whisper vs. a faint whisper/faint whispersHe recalled going to the store on Friday.is this good report ?past perfect vs. simple pastWhy did we not use fog?Difference between good and well