to accomplish; to put into action; to execute; to do
dispute
exchange
effect
trust

What does 'in time' mean?

why is not said, since to greet means say hi? | smell vs. scent
What does 'in time' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 30, 2008 0:11 am   What does 'in time' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #113 "Postcard: Appointment", question 1

I hope you get this postcard ......... time for you to read it.

(a) in
(b) off
(c) of

ESL/EFL Test #113 "Postcard: Appointment", answer 1

I hope you get this postcard in time for you to read it.

Correct answer: (a) in

_________________________

what does 'in time' mean?

Harald
Harald

what does 'in time' mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 am   what does 'in time' mean?

.
in time:
a. early enough: to come in time for dinner.
b. in the future; eventually: In time he'll see what is right.
c. in the correct rhythm or tempo: There would always be at least one child who couldn't play in time with the music.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Qs #3 (permalink) Wed Sep 10, 2008 0:26 am   Qs

Good evening My teacher Micwabar > I have done the test and I found a mistake in the following propostion (in) . MyQ is Are there any uses for this propostion ?

- What are the words that refer to this propostion in any sentence ?
Shin

Location: Saudi Arabia

what does 'in time' mean? #4 (permalink) Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 am   what does 'in time' mean?

.
The preposition 'in' has many, many uses, shin. Here are some of them:

1. (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
2. (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
3. (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
4. (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
5. (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
6. (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
7. (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
8. (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
.
_________________

what does 'in time' mean? #5 (permalink) Wed Sep 10, 2008 22:03 pm   what does 'in time' mean?

Good evening My teacher Micawaber . Thank you a lot for you explanation . AS you know , I am naughty learner , so I am going to ask you another Qs .
1 - What are the different between ( shall & will ) in both speaking and writing ?
2 - Are we call them auxilliaryn or helping verb ?
3 - What are the different between aux. and helping verb ?
Shin

Location: Saudi Arabia

what does 'in time' mean? #6 (permalink) Wed Sep 10, 2008 22:15 pm   what does 'in time' mean?

Hi Shin,

Maybe we should take it one step at a time. You will find some information in about the differences between will and shall here.

By the way, please note the difference between the words difference and different.

Let me know what you think.
PS: You also might want to improve your writing and spelling skills.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?

What does 'in time' mean? #7 (permalink) Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:30 pm   What does 'in time' mean?

Good afternoon My teacher Torston. First of all thanks for your explanation. Second, the difference btween the two words as I think is :-
1 - difference : noun . Ex : the difference between me and my friend is abvious .
2 - different : adj. Ex: baseball is dfferent from vallyball .

That is my think . I hop it is right .
Shin

Location: Saudi Arabia

What does 'in time' mean? #8 (permalink) Thu Sep 18, 2008 22:09 pm   What does 'in time' mean?

hi, my name is Mari ... I want to know in what case whe use on time ... or it's not correct . Thanks
Mari

what does 'in time' mean? #9 (permalink) Thu Sep 18, 2008 22:11 pm   what does 'in time' mean?

hi, in what case we use on time... or it's not correct?.thanks.
Mari

what does 'in time' mean? #10 (permalink) Thu Sep 18, 2008 22:15 pm   what does 'in time' mean?

Hi Mari,

Please read in time vs. on time and let me know what you think.

Many thanks,
PS: You might also want to take a look at How can I improve my writing skills?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Ruins

What does 'in time' mean? #11 (permalink) Thu Sep 18, 2008 22:36 pm   What does 'in time' mean?

Thanks Torsten , it was so useful.
Mari.
Mari

What does 'in time' mean? #12 (permalink) Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 am   What does 'in time' mean?

Dear Sir
I had one confusion since so many days , this is regarding using ' Look on ' . Some times I have to give instructions to some software users on phone , I was been using the above verb like 1. Look on to right in the window 2. Look on to left etc
Some times I am using ' onto ' with directions like
3. On to right there is a room etc
I dont know whether its correct or not but still using , please correct me thank you
Satishchemeng

What does 'in time' mean? #13 (permalink) Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:25 am   What does 'in time' mean?

I would suggest that 'look at' is a better choice when you want to direct someone's attention to a particular place. You could of course change this into a question as: Can you see ...? As for direction it would be best to say: 'on the right' 'on the left'.

Hope this helps.

_________________

What does 'in time' mean? #14 (permalink) Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:44 am   What does 'in time' mean?

Thank you very much Alan , Its gonna help me a lot
Satishchemeng

What does 'in time' mean? #15 (permalink) Wed Oct 15, 2008 20:10 pm   What does 'in time' mean?

Hi everyone , When I have to use these articles ( a - an - The ) ? I want expand explanation about the third article .

My regards : Shin
Shin

Location: Saudi Arabia

Taking place?Meaning of "I have no idea why"How do I address an envelope to a widowed woman?What is the difference between insult and assult?Every been to Italy?What does 'show business' mean?What is the relation between fax no. and pages?What does miserable mean?Meaning of behavioralThis test helped me improve my English!What does 'prize' mean?definiton of "on the rocks"invented vs. developed