rectangular traveling bag; valise
suitcase
appointment
formula
ignorance

CASAS test

When English sounds Japanese | English teacher from England in Paris for adults, children and companies
CASAS test #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 18:09 pm   CASAS test

I would like to know if someone knows about the test score CASAS.
I would like to know what score for each level.
Thank you :!:
Luna

CASAS TEST #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 22:16 pm   CASAS TEST

Maybe you can find some information here:

https://www.casas.org/home/index.cfm

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
CASAS TEST #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 22:44 pm   CASAS TEST

Hi Luna,

I'm all too familiar with CASAS, as it's the testing system we're required to use.

CASAS has gone through changes. We used to identify students as level 1-5, but now they changed it to Levels A-E, with some sub-levels in each. Also, since CASAS is used not only for ESL, but ABE (Adult Basic Education) the same scale is used to measure both, with ESL scores being in the lower end of the scale. I'm assuming you're only asking about the ESL scores and levels.

Finally, CASAS assement is broken down into two major areas, Listening/Speaking, and Reading/Writing.

When you take the tests, your correct/incorrect raw scores are converted into a scaled score. This scaled score is what's used to determine your level. Here's the breakdown

Score Range / Level / Classification

150-200 / Level A/ includes Beginning Literacy/Pre-Beginning ESL, Low Beginning ESL, and High Beginning ESL
201-220/ Level B/ includes Low Intermediate ESL and High Intermediate ESL
221-235/ Level C / Advanced ESL
236-245/ Level D/ Adult Secondary

For a more detail breakdown, check out the Score Chart.

Finally, you can check out the Speaking descriptors, which shows you the expectations for the basic skill levels.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you're got further questions.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

CASAS TEST #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 22:44 pm   CASAS TEST

Thank You :lol:
I saw this site before, but I dont pay atencion. :roll:
And now I found the scores for ESL.
Luna

CASAS TEST #5 (permalink) Sun Aug 31, 2008 23:04 pm   CASAS TEST

Skrej wrote:
Hi Luna,

Score Range / Level / Classification

221-235/ Level C / Advanced ESL
236-245/ Level D/ Adult Secondary

:D Thank you,
I appreciate your attention and explanation. My interest in knowing the score was because I did this test last week. And my score of 228 was reading and 222 listening. My teacher told me that I could go to level 5, but prefer the level 4. Because last corner was studying the level 3.
Very grateful :!:
Luna

Suffer from discomgoogolation?How do you get your news?Birth (The Republican candidate for US vice president, Sarah Palin...)'Safe' employmentGetting firedIs a university education worth the time and money?How can the learner benefit from conversation lessons?Looking for Online College reviewsImprove your English by singing songsBesides English, which other language should I learn?Placement tests and development of EnglishLanguage mythsDo you smoke?