Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

totality; completeness; entirety
whole
customs
vendor
bubble
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
please rate my record. Thanks so much! | pronunciation
listening exercisestell a friend
Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 02, 2008 14:57 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hi,

How do you like the audio version of 8 Prepositions or How I got that Job?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Personnel discussion
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:20 am   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

I'm not sure about what it is that you want students to get from such a listening/reading. What's the purpose?
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:58 am   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hi Torsten,
I think the audio version of8 preposition is totally completed and well understod, realy I understod the deffirences between the preposition of time and place.
Thank you very much.
Louis

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #4 (permalink) Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 am   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

hi Torsten,
I 'm sorry I have to say that your recording seems not working at all.Please take a look at it.Thanks for your help.
Fabregas

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #5 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 16:23 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hi Torsten,
I am Mr Bekari i canīt hear text from Sue Darville what i have to do?
Regards
Bekari
Pasarela

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #6 (permalink) Mon Jan 26, 2009 16:25 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hi Bekari,

You need to click on the 'play' button. Before you do so, please make sure you have a software program installed on your computer that allows you to listen to MP3 files.

Best regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: A landfill compactor
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #7 (permalink) Tue Oct 27, 2009 21:15 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Torsten wrote:
Hi Bekari,

You need to click on the 'play' button. Before you do so, please make sure you have a software program installed on your computer that allows you to listen to MP3 files.

Best regards,
Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I have clicked the play button very well....but the message displayed on the player itself is '' File not found..'' ?

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59
I'm here quite often ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #8 (permalink) Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 am   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hi Torsten,

I have the same problem I Could'nt hear Sue Darville audio recording.....

regards...
Yeimy

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #9 (permalink) Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:16 am   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Good after noon Torsten

I have a problem. I couldn't listen those audio file whose you sent me. When did I play audio file the midia palyer was started. This is my office computer and I cann't add the speaker with this computer. Can I download these file in my personal drive. I listen these file after my office time. Plese help me at this matter and correct my above sentences.

I will be wait for your response
thanks in advance
Krishan
K.sangwan1981
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #10 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:02 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hello!
I found it excellent and distinct!
This text contents many useful words which can help me to speak.
And I have found some words which I had prononced wrong before.
Thank you!
Ollga
You can meet me at english-test.net

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #11 (permalink) Fri Jan 01, 2010 16:49 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hello Torsten
Thank you once again very much for your text full of useful expressions!
Because your story is so clearly told and leads us through many situations we all know very well or can easily imagine, we can take in the exact meaning of every preposition out of the context without any problems.
But for me, there still remains a trouble: I would really wish to have them all "on the tip of my tongue"!
In my language, we distinct between "active" and "passive" memorized vocabulary.
We refer to the latter when we understand a word in a context even if we have almost (but not completely) forgotten it.
And we refer to the first when we have it stored well and know it by heart, so that we are able to use it fluently in our daily conversations.
Is there an equal term for this difference concerning memorized vocabulary in English?
And is it a known fact how many times we have to repeat a word till it's part of our "active" vocabulary?
In case someone knows I would appreciate an answer.
Best regards
Urs
Parallel
I'm here quite often ;-)

"on the tip of my tongue" #12 (permalink) Sat Jan 02, 2010 19:25 pm   "on the tip of my tongue"

Hello dear reader of my last message

During the night I began to doubt whether I used the expression "on the tip of my tongue" in its proper meaning, and so looked it up in the CAL-dictionary.
As I had suspected I was wrong: it's not "to know a word perfectly" but "to know it but not being able to recall it at the moment".
To know a word or expression by heart / so well that you don't need to think about it, was what I wanted to say.
Urs
Parallel
I'm here quite often ;-)

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #13 (permalink) Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 am   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

please kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Fill the appropriate preposition into the below sentences:

1. We live in as house ... a flat roof.
2. The road rocked us ... side .. side

I think the answer is
1. with
2.from/to
Nguyenhavn

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #14 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 17:45 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Hi Torsten.It is really wonderfull article.I liked it.
Thank you so much>

Lili
Lil

Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job) #15 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 19:35 pm   Feedback on audio recording (8 Prepositions or How I got that Job)

Nguyenhavn wrote:
please kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Fill the appropriate preposition into the below sentences:

1. We live in as house ... a flat roof.
2. The road rocked us ... side .. side

I think the answer is
1. with
2.from/to

That's right but you have a typo in the first sentence (as instead of a).

(And strictly speaking the road didn't rock you from side to side... the road rocked from side to side (which meant whilst you were travelling on it you got rocked too.)
Language Coach

please rate my record. Thanks so much! | pronunciation
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Latest topics on English Forums
I need for female friends to practice speakingPlease rate my answer("Good things comes to those who wait")Please rate my answerFirst voice recording.HI looking for help in englishPlease evaluate my accent and pronunciation.How about learning grammar through listening?Heartily v.s hardlyi super need your advice on my accentAdventures for a causePlease evaluate my accent in my speaking.Adventures for a causeDoes anybody have cock?