portable personal computer; laptop computer
notebook
landscape
mentor
impulse

Difference between new and news

You are never too young to start investing... | Could you tell me the difference between act and action?
Difference between new and news #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:14 am   Difference between new and news

Test No. errors/elem-14 "Listen and Improve Your English", question 3

You can listen to the new on the radio or indeed to music and you can listen to English texts so that you can practise your English.

(a) new
(b) texts
(c) practise

Test No. errors/elem-14 "Listen and Improve Your English", answer 3

You can listen to the news on the radio or indeed to music and you can listen to English texts so that you can practise your English.

Correct entry: news
The error was: (a) new
_________________________

Difference between new and news

Matvie
Matvie

News #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:33 am   News

The error is new and this should be news.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between articles and merchandiseDifference between consented and concertedThat is the end of the matter once and for allmeaning of AbscondedDifference between global and worldlyDifference between bring up and bring outMeaning of "reviews"Experience versus understandingNewspapers are delivered to people's doors every dayMore likely than not as a guest we'll say:Difference between return and resumeDifference between progress and progressionConditional I